Maksim

How did you hear about NJGF?

In an effort to see how well our message is working, I'd appreciate it if you guys would share how you found out about our forum.

So, how'd you hear about us?

How long did you lurk here before registering?

What prompted you to register?

• Like 1

In an effort to see how well our message is working, I'd appreciate it if you guys would share how you found out about our forum.

Someone named maksim summoned me from another forum :D

I signed up about 10 min after I got the message about this forum.

that is actually what interests me even more. So far this month we had over 1400 individuals visit the website, yet only 240 registered. =P

Does that count unique IP's?

Say a guest visits from home, then work, then somewhere else.. do each get counted as a unique visit?

Very good question Chad. I visit the site from Work, my cell phone and home.

I signed up as soon as I found this place. I love reading gun related websites but I always felt left out because I knew that half the stuff people talk about online are not applicable in NJ. For example I really wanted a 9mm XDM only to find out they do not make a NJ legal magazine.

After finding this forum, I don't still think that is true. However the person who sold me my glock 19 told me that. That is why I got the 19.

How long did you lurk here before registering?

What prompted you to register?

Anonymous invitation from another forum.

About 20 minutes.

The obvious vast knowledge, tolerance for noobs, local flavor and good fellowship. :D

Ken

It counts unique IPs, so one computer one ip. Office buildings are a different story, as all people on one network will have one ip. the 3 computers I have in the home, since connected to one router all have same ip.

just looking at the stats.... we had the highest number of visits this past weekend, since launching the forum. apx 500 yesterday alone.

take 240 members, even if say every person here has 2 locations they login in, home and work (dont you people work? would hate to be your boss....) 8-) that is 500. by a margin of 3 to 1... lots more lurkers.

and the numbers dont include google, yahoo, msn bots or anything looking for our site.

It counts unique IPs, so one computer one ip. Office buildings are a different story, as all people on one network will have one ip. the 3 computers I have in the home, since connected to one router all have same ip.

just looking at the stats.... we had the highest number of visits this past weekend, since launching the forum. apx 500 yesterday alone.

take 240 members, even if say every person here has 2 locations they login in, home and work (dont you people work? would hate to be your boss....) 8-) that is 500. by a margin of 3 to 1... lots more lurkers.

and the numbers dont include google, yahoo, msn bots or anything looking for our site.

I am glad my boss doesn't know how much time I spend on here, it would be a very bad thing for me if he did.

Stop lurking in the background people.. join in on the conversations, share your experiences, meet some really cool people and maybe learn something in the process :D

-Tom

Read a post mentioning this forum by maksim on another forum.

Joined right away.

Wanted to ask questions and respond to posts.

It's been good being here and meeting, both online and in person, lots of good people with a passion for our hobby and fighting for our 2nd Amendment rights.

Was browsing through another firearms website (firearmstalk.com), and happened to come across a post there that led me here. I couldn't say who the poster was as it escapes me.

Spent probably around an hour browsing through the content at the time. Ultimately I found that having a focus-fire forum for NJ gun owners like myself would be FAR more beneficial then some random forums. Having people that know first hand the laws, places to purchase, ranges, etc in NJ is priceless.

Was browsing through another firearms website (firearmstalk.com), and happened to come across a post there that led me here. I couldn't say who the poster was as it escapes me.

Spent probably around an hour browsing through the content at the time. Ultimately I found that having a focus-fire forum for NJ gun owners like myself would be FAR more beneficial then some random forums. Having people that know first hand the laws, places to purchase, ranges, etc in NJ is priceless.

There are some awesome people here. You're in the right place.

Google searched for some info on NJ Firearms Laws and this eventually came up

Lurked for no more than an hour, and that same day i registered

I like the local feel of the forum, it wasn't like one of those massive forums, where you feel like your NJ questions aren't understood by all

I saw a post about njgf in a different forum.

.0003 seconds

I thought it was great that we have a forum dedicated to *our* state. And all of us share the same frustrations by the laws here. Local people talking about local things, for me it doesn't get much better then that.

This is a great place, LOTS to learn, lurkers should def. join!

WOW....now I'm extremely jealous!!!! Except for the heat....but the gun laws there are great!!! It must be a pretty weird concept for you....yanno, actually being able to defend yourself! Straaaaaange stuff going on down there! lol

I saw the link on Paul's Arms-n-Ammo site. Visited and joined the same day.

As has been mentioned earlier I liked the tone and attitude of the posters and the fact that there was so much NJ specific info available that is so hard to find anywhere else.