Maksim

How did you hear about NJGF?

Just joined this evening. I actually just stumbled about your site through a Google search.

Lurked literally 2-3 years, logging on every few months to poke around (just busy and hadn't really dove into the hobby, so I didn't bother joining).

Now that I'm shooting more regularly and looking to purchase, it made sense to join. I also did a TON of my own due diligence into the "gun issue". I found it eye-opening frankly. Large, credible crime studies show COMPELLING evidence that legal gun owners are NOT the problem. And I feel a bit flummoxed by the misinformation being promoted by Bloomberg, NY TImes, et al - so, as the anti-gun rhetoric rises to ridiculous levels, somehow it seems an appropriate time to perhaps get more involved for that reason as well. I have sent several pointed letters to representatives re: Shaneen Allen, Loretta Weinberg's smart gun buttinsky-ness, etc. I may not be terribly political, but I can always lob out one ZINGER of a letter!

So, how'd you hear about us?

How long did you lurk here before registering?

What prompted you to register?

I was searching for clarification on transportation laws.

Not long, registered immediately i think.

I felt the discussions here would be more relevant than other forums.

I found this site through random web surfing, specifically looking for local ranges.

I belong to a couple of other forums and really wanted to be involved with some of my fellow "pineys"

Didn't take long to jump in. this looks like a GREAT site.

Trying to find out if this forum is still active or not, the market place is confusing at best. A couple years ago, there was a lot of stuff to browse, now I can't see anything. Don't know if it's because of the low post count, my computer or what the deal is.

Most people sell on here and mewe... more and more people are moving to mewe. There is still some great discussion and casual friendliness on here

this signature exceeds the 15 character capacity count

Trying to find out if this forum is still active or not, the market place is confusing at best. A couple years ago, there was a lot of stuff to browse, now I can't see anything. Don't know if it's because of the low post count, my computer or what the deal is.

the marketplace is here now http://www.njgunforums.com/forum/index.php/forum/143-guns-and-accessories-for-sale-or-trade/

• Like 1

Hi all, How I found the site is - Looking up why I need to get a new Firearms ID to obtain a handgun permit when my address has not changed, have not be subject to any of the restrictions that make the card illegal to own, the only point they state is that I have not purchase a hand gun in 3 years, so need to get a new firearms ID, then apply for the permits.  I think this is illegal by my town - any ideas, has this happened in your town?

2 hours ago, Roger said:

Hi all, How I found the site is - Looking up why I need to get a new Firearms ID to obtain a handgun permit when my address has not changed, have not be subject to any of the restrictions that make the card illegal to own, the only point they state is that I have not purchase a hand gun in 3 years, so need to get a new firearms ID, then apply for the permits.  I think this is illegal by my town - any ideas, has this happened in your town?

That is complete BS. The FID card is a one time deal. Good for life as long as you don't move or become prohibited.They simply can't do this to you or anyone. What town is doing this, if you don't mind my asking?

2 hours ago, BobA said:

Call (609) 882-2000 Ext: 2060 during normal business hours and explain your issue they are sometimes most helpful.

Thank you Bob will give them a call

13 minutes ago, JohnnyB said:

That is complete BS. The FID card is a one time deal. Good for life as long as you don't move or become prohibited.They simply can't do this to you or anyone. What town is doing this, if you don't mind my asking?

13 minutes ago, JohnnyB said:

No problem Johnny, the town is East Brunswick. Actually I know someone in Sayreville who said they tried doing this there but One of the prosecutors or police wanted to get a permit and they fought it, took about 7 months but they stopped the process and did not require getting the new ID.  so the issues becomes fight it or just go along and get the permit so I can by the firearm I want to compete with.  Really I just want to see somebody try to justify the reason, because I read over NJ statue 2c:58-3 listed on the ID card and it basically states that unless you are subject to any of the conditions, there is no reason to surrender your card, OR that you need to get a new one.

Don't put up with this crap. East Brunswick PD needs a good kick in the ass. The Attorney General can and will do that for you......Call

Office of The Attorney General
- Main Number: 609-292-4925

Also call ANJPRC at 973- 764-4100

Those few phone calls can work wonders very quickly and will only take you a few minutes each.

Please don't let them get away with this!