Maksim

How did you hear about NJGF?

On ‎5‎/‎18‎/‎2009 at 4:17 PM, Maksim said:

In an effort to see how well our message is working, I'd appreciate it if you guys would share how you found out about our forum.

So, how'd you hear about us?

How long did you lurk here before registering?

What prompted you to register?

Was searching for information about the newly enacted NJ gun laws and ran across the NJ gun forum. Nice to be able to focus on NJ specific subject matter. Have been on the Smith and Wesson forum for over a year, however, there is a lot of subject matter there that just doesn't apply in NJ because it is from members in states that are much more gun friendly.

Been here almost 10 years now.

Used to be a regular on the NY/NJ sub-forum at AR15.com (arfcom) until they split the 2 and the NJ side went to hell from lack of members.

For those of us stuck 'behind enemy lines' this forum is the best place to be. But not the only place.

Second Amendment Foundation (SAF) and Jews For the Preservation of Firearms Ownership (jpfo.org) really DO have our backs and have put forth AND WON lawsuits thus far.

You guys (and gals ... and others, as self-appropriate) should come out and shoot in the many events all over the state.

Not only will your skills improve (as happens when you shoot with better shooters) you'll meet a great bunch of people.

For me, I help run a couple of high power (bullseye) rifle programs down here in south jersey. PM me if you have any interest, please.

• Like 1

Hey - don't know how I came across this. But recently delved into the possibility into owning 1st AR-15 style firearm. Somehow through the 100s of Google Chrome tab-hopping I did this week, I found this forum. I've been looking for legislation, explanations, suggestions, and so on. Looking forward to exploring this community.

FYI: looking into an M&P Sport II or Ruger AR 556.

On 3/24/2019 at 1:38 PM, njJoniGuy said:

Been here almost 10 years now.

Used to be a regular on the NY/NJ sub-forum at AR15.com (arfcom) until they split the 2 and the NJ side went to hell from lack of members.

For those of us stuck 'behind enemy lines' this forum is the best place to be. But not the only place.

Second Amendment Foundation (SAF) and Jews For the Preservation of Firearms Ownership (jpfo.org) really DO have our backs and have put forth AND WON lawsuits thus far.

You guys (and gals ... and others, as self-appropriate) should come out and shoot in the many events all over the state.

Not only will your skills improve (as happens when you shoot with better shooters) you'll meet a great bunch of people.

For me, I help run a couple of high power (bullseye) rifle programs down here in south jersey. PM me if you have any interest, please.

And thank you for being one of the long time originals. :) glad I was able to steal you. 

Maksimfa thanks for sharing the other organizations for whom may not be familiar with them.

19 hours ago, CommanderSway said:

Hey - don't know how I came across this. But recently delved into the possibility into owning 1st AR-15 style firearm. Somehow through the 100s of Google Chrome tab-hopping I did this week, I found this forum. I've been looking for legislation, explanations, suggestions, and so on. Looking forward to exploring this community.

FYI: looking into an M&P Sport II or Ruger AR 556.

Thanks for joining us. 

Both are good guns and great intros to the platform. I have no issues with either.

13 hours ago, bluedog46 said:

I do not want to give punjab any ideas, but I am surprised people are not hearing about the site because its listed as a enemy of the state or domestic terrorist website. Or is it? 

Oh they already know.  A number of years ago I was partly Docsed. A quick email to registrar of that domain quickly took it down.

12 hours ago, YoungGun1967 said:

I just randomly searched for a NJ gun forum and came across this one. I’m a fairly new gun owner in his 50s and wanted to find like minded people.

Thanks for joining us. Never too late for gun ownership and you will find many here in their 40s, 50s, even 80s.

6 hours ago, brucin said:

I found the forum through a search engine and lurked for about 2-3 months before registering.

And then you found EBSA and our meetups!

5 hours ago, 10X said:

I also found it through a search engine, back in the bad-old-days of 2013, when I was trying to find a source that still had .22 ammo.

Glad you did! 

Every time I Google, "Is 'fill in the blank' legal in NJ, I seem to land at this forum.

Thanks to NJ gun laws I often times leave feeling even more confused than before I came. And that's saying a lot coming from someone who lived in CA for 19 years. :) 

Anyways, hello, and glad to be here. I'm a firm believer in pursuing regaining our rights and look forward to becoming part of the community.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, USMC1341 said:

Every time I Google, "Is 'fill in the blank' legal in NJ, I seem to land at this forum.

Thanks to NJ gun laws I often times leave feeling even more confused than before I came. And that's saying a lot coming from someone who lived in CA for 19 years. :) 

Anyways, hello, and glad to be here. I'm a firm believer in pursuing regaining our rights and look forward to becoming part of the community.

Hi, Welcome. 

CA to NJ is like being seared on one side then flipped over to get seared on the other.  Both suck.

I think overall CA has it worse with their whole list of approved guns thing, but at least you don't have to get permission ahead of time to buy a gun like NJ.

The laws stink here, but the bottom line is handguns are illegal everywhere, except your home, the range, the gun shop and to hunt(hunting only with appropriate hanguns, no .44 for example).  Transport between those places is also legal.    Long guns are under the same rules unless you get a Firearms purchaser ID.   Then you can have it anywhere that is legal, which includes your car as long as you are transporting it within the rules.

Good luck, welcome aboard.

CA to NJ is like being seared on one side then flipped over to get seared on the other.  Both suck.

Thanks! The worse part is I stopped off in PA for 4 years on my way here, so I got to experience freedom for a bit. Both CA and NJ are awful when it comes to 2A, but if I'm being honest, in CA the laws were pretty clear cut, at least as far as what you can own. Heck when I left in 2012 I think open carry was still technically legal (albeit risky unless you had deep pockets for attorney fees). NJ law is way too ambiguous and a burden on the law abiding citizen. I hope that we can change some of that for the better. I've been in NJ for 4 years now and finally succumbed to getting my FID earlier this year. It looks like I'm here to stay for a good while, so I must comply or forfeit enjoying one of my favorite pastimes / hobbies.

I've been here over three years.  Started out on the forums on ConcealedCarry.com.  Few people there have an understanding of what the laws are like in this state.  As time went on, fewer people were posting, and when I left, there were only 1 or 2 active threads in the NJ forum section.  When I signed up here, I started following the thread tracking city/township requirements/paperwork to get a FID card.  I was amazed at the number of people that had to wait for a P2P.  I thought I held the record:  5 1/2 months.  Some else came in at six months (LOL).  This has been very educational for me and I hope it continues.

P.S.  I didn't notice this thread until today.

Hi,

Welcome.  Sounds like you're down south.   I have family down there, but I don't think I've ever pulled the trigger south of CJRPC.

Used to have boats over in New Gretna, there are a couple ranges in that immediate area too.  I guess I just missed it ;)

Have fun, if you have any questions about the byzantine nature of NJ gun laws, do ask.  You'll get some good answer.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Christopher James said:

New guy! Just found out today about the forum from Scott Rivera of SWAT Firearms  in Hammonton.  I’m a new gun owner, but not entirely new to shooting. Looking forward to connecting with other NJ shooters. Thanks! 

Is Scott a member here?

I've been lurking here and in other forums for a number of years. I seldom post as I am often looking for information but truly appreciate the efforts of others in sharing their wealth of firearms knowledge. I like the fact that it is a NJ forum where one can find NJ related firearms topics.  I have some firearms and ammo that I want to sell and this site seems like the perfect place to start.  

Learned about this forum while searching the internet for gun forums relative to New Jersey.

Registered because:

1. Gain and shared knowledge
  2. Best source of NJ gun information
  3. Trusted group to buy/sell/trade firearm related products
  4. Comradery! 

Wishing everyone the best!

On 5/18/2009 at 4:17 PM, Maksim said:

In an effort to see how well our message is working, I'd appreciate it if you guys would share how you found out about our forum.

On 5/18/2009 at 4:17 PM, Maksim said:

Family member is a forum member 

Hello everybody. So as local range rat who goes to Weshoot (formerly garden state shooting center) about 3-5 times per week I couldn't help but to pick up one of the extra custom NJGF PSA lowers you guys had made. And so here I am now with a nice souvenir from my home state and home range to build out into something... fun.