Rickap7

Price per round question - 9mm?

I'm kicking myself for not buying more reloading components when it was in stock. My idea at the time was to buy small qty as a test, then stock-up. Boy was that a stupid plan. I should've stocked up then, could've always sold if reloading didn't work out for me.

52 minutes ago, kc17 said:

I'm kicking myself for not buying more reloading components when it was in stock. My idea at the time was to buy small qty as a test, then stock-up. Boy was that a stupid plan. I should've stocked up then, could've always sold if reloading didn't work out for me.

You had no way of knowing the virus was about to be unleashed on us.

29 minutes ago, chocodove said:

I just checked my last TSUSA receipt for 9mm from early 2019...sixteen cents a round. Those were the days. Now my wife understands why all those heavy boxes were delivered way back when...

I think I remember getting it even less than that about a year or so ago, when there was a glut. Federal had a Black Box rebate going, and I think it ended up being like $6 a box. Ha... my wife thought I was having an affair with the UPS guy too, at that time...  :ok:

16 hours ago, kc17 said:

Honestly you should still look to stock up when you can.

Primers are the thing now that I can't get hold of, but when they pop up I'll grab some.

22 minutes ago, Zabuca said:

Question: is wolf ammo that terrible that I can buy 500 rds 115grain steel case for $200? 

That's 40 cents per round.

In normal times you'd probably pay 18 cents per round.

It's not great ammo.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Zabuca said:

Question: is wolf ammo that terrible that I can buy 500 rds 115grain steel case for $200? 

Its steel cased, it's usually cheaper on average by a couple cents a round. 

Wolf(gold) brass cased is pretty good plinking ammo, but it's normally in line or on the slightly cheaper side of any brass cases ammo. 

• Thanks 1

The best I ever did on 9mm was just under .15/round on TSUSA Prime Ammo. And then yes, with the Black Box rebate program it was even less. Of course there was a limit to that rebate, which I hit. 

And now I'm glad I bought the HST I wanted when it was all on sale for .40/round. :p

I just looked on the TSUSA page and 9mm Gold Dot is in stock still for .80/round. So they have it and they're not gouging. That's what it was six months ago, along with HST off-sale.

Then I looked at the 9mm out-of-stock items, and they're listing them at .16, .17 etc. Faint hope when they come in!

I feel guilty of blowing through 300rounds of 9mm147g.....

Nope.....   

Want to ban guns...ban ammo and make it too expensive to shoot....

You don't reload?  Too tedious?    My time is worth more than that?   Its boring...?

I have inexpensive range days..and will for years to come.....

IMG_20200802_120043.jpg

• Like 4

There's  the Oaks gun show the last weekend of this month you should find ammo there but I'm sure at a premium price ,  I would say at around $250 a case  i would if i were you buy a lb of powder box of primers and cheap press even if its a single stage just to start with brass is still cheap and there's bayou bullets to get coated bullets and start learning reloading. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, FishNHard said:

USRifle30cal,          How do you like the Hornady press  i was thinking of getting one of those.

...ok.....

There r those that love blue....and red...lol

All progressives are quirky...imo

It has served me well.....NOW....  for bulk pistol...BULK rifle 5.56....yes...

Precision...no....  for that i go single stage..

You want 300 to 400 of 45 acp in and hour or so..?   Yep all day long....

:)

Ps...it needs tweaks...home brew mods......that help....  it aint perfect.. 

Lol

• Like 1

On 7/31/2020 at 7:36 PM, kc17 said:

@kc17   What are you short on or missing to reload??  Ive been successful finding components..  Cheyenne in bordentown had powders in stock a week or so ago.. i didnt ask about primers though; im well stocked up on primers..  Brass is still easy and everywhere.

I just orderer 9mm 124gr plated and 38/357 158gr plated from Xtreme bullets. And ordered .224 55 Gr. Full Metal Jacket Boat Tail Bullets from rmrbullets...   All at pre-covid riots prices and free shipping at xtreme..

6 hours ago, Zabuca said:

That sounds very high to me.. Right before the covid/riot price increases, i got wolf/tula steel case 9mm delivered to my front door for 136$ per 1000 round case from sgammo.com

19 minutes ago, kc17 said:

Right this moment, I have the least amount of bullets. Once this order comes in I'll have the least amount of primers. Cheyenne only had powder as of last Friday.

.223 in stock. I ordered friday night at it was 50.00$ per 500.. now 55.00$. Went up 5 bucks within the last day or two. But still very fair pricing and in stock..   https://www.rmrbullets.com/shop/bullets/rifle/224-5-56mm/224-55-gr-full-metal-jacket-boat-tail-bullets-new/

9mm 124gr.. in stock, good price, and free shipping for first time buyer..

https://www.xtremebullets.com/9mm-124-RN-p/xc9mm-124rn-b0500.htm

On 8/2/2020 at 8:52 PM, eyeinstine said:

.223 in stock. I ordered friday night at it was 50.00$ per 500.. now 55.00$. Went up 5 bucks within the last day or two. But still very fair pricing and in stock..   https://www.rmrbullets.com/shop/bullets/rifle/224-5-56mm/224-55-gr-full-metal-jacket-boat-tail-bullets-new/

9mm 124gr.. in stock, good price, and free shipping for first time buyer..

https://www.xtremebullets.com/9mm-124-RN-p/xc9mm-124rn-b0500.htm

Just following up with my previous post.. The 50$ per 500 .223 55gr bullets from Rmrbullets arrived within days of oredering. 

The 2 of 500ea 9mm 124gr and the 500 of the 38/357 158gr. bullets i ordered from Xtreme Bullets just arrived today. Not bad at all giving the current state of affairs. Components at fair pricing are still out there, just gotta put your time in searching and comparing retailers..

IMG_6173.jpg

IMG_6174.jpg

• Like 1

On 7/31/2020 at 11:11 PM, Sniper said:

I think I remember getting it even less than that about a year or so ago, when there was a glut. Federal had a Black Box rebate going, and I think it ended up being like $6 a box. Ha... my wife thought I was having an affair with the UPS guy too, at that time...  :ok:

I remember right before this hit that I had seen 124gr 9mm for $0.12 a round because I was debating picking some up since that was basically about what I could reload it for. Both the ammo and my reloads were bulk JHP. That stuff is now nowhere to be seen at any price.