Rickap7

Price per round question - 9mm?

Just last week I had an order come in of 1 case each  of 200 grn RN and 200 grn SWC come in from BBI — 4,400 projectiles — would have loved to order from Ibeji but they won’t answer the phone or emails for a picked up order

I don’t know about you guys but I’m with USrifle30cal — I’m going shooting and don’t care how much ammo I use — I’ll make more

buy cheap, stack deep is for times like this — never again will I get caught empty like with Sandy Hook

• Agree 1

Oh I love this one. My favorite 9mm range ammo. Now only .724/round!

The last case buy I made of this in 2020 from TSUSA was .16/round. So this outfit is selling it up 452%.

With shipping and insurance it's actually .756/round, or 472%.

• Confused 1

30 minutes ago, 45Doll said:

Oh I love this one. My favorite 9mm range ammo. Now only .724/round!

The last case buy I made of this in 2020 from TSUSA was .16/round. So this outfit is selling it up 452%.

With shipping and insurance it's actually .756/round, or 472%.

I'm all for making a profit, That's  just gouging. 

But it says in stock. Right now the prices are bad and not in stock. Bad and you are limited to a box or two, which with shipping pushes it to really bad, or insane and in stock. 

This isn't the panic I planned for, but I'm glad I planned. 

I'd like to know where the price hike is happening. At the reseller, the distributor or the manufacturer?

The father of a guy I work with owns a small LGS in Central Pa. He's told me prices are jacked way up from his distributors as well, that's even if they can get any at all. They are a small time LGS, so they don't have the weight behind them that a larger reseller would have to negotiate a better price.

I wouldn't expect a LGS or online reseller to absorb price increases they have to pay from their supplier.

I've been checking ammoseek fairly often, I've seen some 9mm under 40cpr a few times, but it's always gone by the time I get there, or no ship to NJ.

34 minutes ago, raz-0 said:

But it says in stock. Right now the prices are bad and not in stock. Bad and you are limited to a box or two, which with shipping pushes it to really bad, or insane and in stock. 

That's true. And according to AmmoSeek this is the ONLY company that has this particular 9mm round AT ALL.

TSUSA doesn't even have it in it's database at the moment. In or out of stock.

3 hours ago, kc17 said:

I'd like to know where the price hike is happening. At the reseller, the distributor or the manufacturer?

It’s every part of the supply chain. Raw material costs are way up, trucking/freight costs are up, Covid decreased worker availability for a while, military/LE contracts still need to be met, huge consumer demand, etc. 

All adds up to higher prices at every point.  

1 hour ago, Golf battery said:

I don’t believe all of that is true

It isn't. Raw materials cost have been much higher than now with much lower ammo prices.  

Those making bulk bullets for reloaders are only seeing mild price increases compared to other previous shortages. They ARE having problems getting enough in a timely manner. The flow is lurching but   steady. 

Alot of the issue is labor. Space to social distance your labor and keep them healthy and absenteeism are limiting capacity. Be it manufacturing, shipping, or fulfillment. 

With booking primers, space should be a non issue due to the inherent safety issues and how they are managed. But it uses skilled manual labor. Even fully staffed you can't speed it up parts certain point. And if you get short staffed like meat packing did? Well you don't just get sloppy cuts from noobs and temps. Shit blows up. 

There is some demand inflation there though, and the retail supply chain magnifies it. 

But there's also the fact that a lot of what is in demand is lower margin, high volume ammo. And that means that the higher margin stuff is going to be scarce for a while when it does run out. You have to take your profits now to weather the big coming drought. 

Then to add to that drought, you have at least one manufacturer saying fu to the retail chain to focus on government orders. 

And I'm sure retail is dealing with hoarding as well. If places like ctd are getting did on inventory and having prices through the roof, it makes that drought worse and your prices have to go up to make rent.