Rickap7

shooting glases

You can - but depending on the lighting you may not see much.

You can also wear sunglasses in a night club, if you really want to.

Seriously though, Oakley do make a range of safety glasses suitable for shooting - but not all their models are rated for that so check the specific pair you want to wear. They are available in a range of tints from clear, through to dark suitable for use in the sunshine.

8 hours ago, Krdshrk said:

Smith Optics Aegis are a great set - comes with clear and tinted lenses.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0077RHYLC/

Agreed, I use a variant of those.

You want single-lens safety glasses (my emphasis added):

https://www.luckygunner.com/labs/eye-protection-shooting-glasses-review/

I know that this post has been long, so if you’re looking for a simple takeaway, here it is.

Non-ballistic eye protection is fine for keeping relatively slow-moving objects away from your face. Empty cases ejected from a firearm, dirt kicked up by muzzle blast, etc. For faster-moving projectiles such as ricocheted bullets, you need high quality, tested eye pro. I would personally prefer eyewear with a single piece lens for any activity where my face might be struck by small, fast-moving objects.

Individual lenses detach from the frames once a certain level of force is reached, and they are driven back into the eye sockets – sometimes at undesirable angles – where considerable damage may be done. There are good two piece lens eye pro out there, like the Smith Optics Director, but single-piece lenses distribute force much better.