SJG

NY AG Seeks to Dissolve NRA

https://www.npr.org/2020/08/06/899712823/new-york-attorney-general-moves-to-dissolve-the-nra-after-fraud-investigation

The hand writing was on the wall over one year ago. Unfortunately, this legal fight will cost the NRA millions of dollars in legal fees. In lieu of this formidable battle, maybe the organization should just voluntarily dissolve and reform in a different State, I do not believe the NY AG could prevent the organization from voluntarily dissolving. The NRA needs new leadership, it is way to top heavy and has been rife with internal problems and issues for a long time. 

• Confused 1

The NRA with all it's faults and internal issues always has been and remains the single most powerful force we have to defend our 2nd Amendment rights. We need to stand by them now more than ever!  Now is NOT the time to abandon them when we need them the most!

We can argue about Wayne's $500.00 shoes later!  If you don't stand by the NRA right now, you might as well send a donation directly to BLM or the DNC and Support Biden for President!  In the end, THE NRA IS OUR LAST BEST HOPE RIGHT NOW!

For God's sake! Let's not be so stupid as to bite off our nose to sprite our face! Don't support the effort to stop the NRA! Support them now!

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

I just sat down and donated to NRA, SAF, ANJRPC, and CNJFO.  (Already had recently donated to NJ2AS.).  The total of the donations was significant enough to cause financial discomfort, and I would not want it any other way.

• Thanks 2

The leadership engaged in shady shit that put the organization at peril. They need to voluntarily moot this issue by doing what needs to be done to reorg someplace that is not a bastion of gun grabbers, and eliminate the behaviors and personnel that put the organization at risk.

But they won't.

They will also likely lose. In part because the game is rigged, but also because all you need is a small violation to be true to lose the whole thing, and I don't think they were near clever enough to avoid making those mistakes.

The NRA can delay this as they have the right to discovery etc. However, ultimately, they are probably going down. Better to cut the losses now, dissolve in NY and re-organize elsewhere. But they won't because they are stupid. Meanwhile the organization will go through millions in legal fees. This organization is full of fat cats who have milked the organization for years and ruined it. I pay my dues and make some contributions along the way, but nothing like I used to.