Malsua

Possible to change reference on FARS application?

I finally got my buddy(Bill) to apply for his initial purchaser ID.

He used me and another friend of his as references.

I got the character reference in minutes, answered it.  Done.

His buddy, who apparently is only slightly sharper than a bag of wet mice, can't seem to figure out how to fill out the reference form.  Maybe it doesn't work, maybe it's something else.  I don't know. 

He can't seem to get it done despite Bill on the phone trying to help him get the page up.  I've used Bill multiple times for pistol permits so he knows how to do it.

I'd like to have Bill change one reference to a different friend(Allen).    Allen is a friend to both of us, Bill has known Allen for 30 years and I've known Allen for 20 years and could stop by his house if he gets tripped up somehow.

Is there any way to do this?   I was thinking he could just stop by his PD, but hoped it was possible in the system.

4 minutes ago, Malsua said:

He can't seem to get it done despite Bill on the phone trying to help him get the page up.

Have a zoom meeting with the inept buddy?  Or that might be a challenge in and of itself ...

Just now, tomk62 said:

Have a zoom meeting with the inept buddy?  Or that might be a challenge in and of itself ...

You mean, install zoom.  Get to a meeting, share screen?  LOL.   Yeah, at this point, I'm going with WAY past his ability.

I could maybe get him to install teamviewer and read off the teamviewer ID and password and see if he's just clicking the wrong thing in the email.

It really is stupid simple, I cannot fathom how someone can screw it up.

it is possible to change the reference/update the info.

Call local PD and ask to update reference, they will ask for the correct information to be sent via email. then detective will be able to modify the application. I have done this and all together took 24h to fix it.

24 minutes ago, Matroskin said:

it is possible to change the reference/update the info.

Call local PD and ask to update reference, they will ask for the correct information to be sent via email. then detective will be able to modify the application. I have done this and all together took 24h to fix it.

Thanks.  I'll advise my buddy today.