Matroskin

Serialized Frame is it legal

35 minutes ago, Matroskin said:

Just wanted to confirm that serialized glock compatible frame ( Finished poly80, lone wolf, etc..) is legal in PRNJ, yes/no?

I was sure it is until someone from RSTP said they aren’t...

thanks in advance

Did it pass through an ffl with a serial number?

10 hours ago, Matroskin said:

Didn't try it yet 

It would seem that it not only has to pass through an ffl, but the serial number is registered with the manufacturer, which would be traceable to its first point of sale. 

1a firearm frame or firearm receiver which is not imprinted with a serial number registered with a federally licensed manufacturer 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Matroskin said:

Just wanted to confirm that serialized glock compatible frame ( Finished poly80, lone wolf, etc..) is legal in PRNJ, yes/no?

I was sure it is until someone from RSTP said they aren’t...

thanks in advance

If it has a serial number, you get a purchase permit, and get the transaction done through an FFL i don't wee why not.

3 hours ago, JackDaWack said:

It would seem that it not only has to pass through an ffl, but the serial number is registered with the manufacturer, which would be traceable to its first point of sale. 

1a firearm frame or firearm receiver which is not imprinted with a serial number registered with a federally licensed manufacturer 

^^^^^^^THIS

Serialized firearms are cataloged at the point of manufacture.

1 hour ago, Matroskin said:

Thanks guys, to close the loop: I spoke with my gunsmith - I quote him: "if it is finished and has SN on it, and goes through FFL" it's legal

I think you meant:

"If it's finished, and has SN on it *AND THE SN TRACES BACK TO A FEDERALLY LICENSED MANUFACTURER*, and goes through FFL"

The homebuilt AK that somedude slapped together in Alabama from blanks, stamped a serial # on, sold to someotherdude in AL, and then someotherdude shipped to a NJ FFL doesn't cut it under the new law.

1 hour ago, DirtyDigz said:

I think you meant:

"If it's finished, and has SN on it *AND THE SN TRACES BACK TO A FEDERALLY LICENSED MANUFACTURER*, and goes through FFL"

The homebuilt AK that somedude slapped together in Alabama from blanks, stamped a serial # on, sold to someotherdude in AL, and then someotherdude shipped to a NJ FFL doesn't cut it under the new law.

To that end, I did call the polymer80 company and they confirmed that for the fully finished frames they are Federally licensed manufacturer.