LuisDiaz

Looking For Info on proper steps to obtain permit

8 hours ago, LuisDiaz said:

Hello guys, would anyone know if i will need a valid drivers license in order for my application to be accepted? I do have a valid NJ state Identification card 

I am not a lawyer. But I do not believe driving is a prerequisite to obtaining an NJFID and/or permit to purchase a handgun.  So I assume your official State of NJ ID would suffice. 

With that said, please elaborate on your need.  An aspiring new gun owner?

• Informative 1

Yes i am a new gun owner who strongly believe that just about everyone should be able to exercise their second amendment. Just looking for some fun in the range and protecting my home. Thanks for the info! 

7 hours ago, Dave Archibald said:

Permit for what?

Sorry i was not clear enough, i want to apply for the NJFID to be able to purchase a handgun and/or a “OTHER” for home defense. 

On 8/12/2020 at 11:21 AM, LuisDiaz said:

i want to apply for the NJFID to be able to purchase a handgun and/or a “OTHER” for home defense. 

To be clear, the NJFID does not allow you to purchase a handgun, you need a Permit to Purchase (P2P) for that.  You will need a NJFID to purchase handgun ammo though.

• Informative 2