geekLa

20rd capacity magazine for Savage Mark II

Curious if anyone knows the answer to this.  

I have a Savage Mark II. As far as I can tell there is no semi-auto version of this, and the magazine for this gun only fits this series.  

Reading through several interpretations of the magazine limit laws in NJ, would imply that a 20rd magazine (which Savage makes) would be legal.

is this just wishful thinking?  Would love to get more capacity for my son who is learning to target shoot with this gun.

thank you

It only matters if the >10 round mag can also be used to continuously feed ammo into ANY semi-auto.

I also have a Mark II bolt action, and I've never seen anything larger than a 10 rounder for it.

I also don't know of any semi auto that accepts those mags.

But then again, I'm not the be-all-end-all authority.

• Thanks 1

Based on 3 seconds of research, the Savage 64 (their .22 semi auto line) uses a totally different magazine, so I would guess you are probably good to go, unless theres some old obscure semiauto Stevens or other Savage that uses the mags that I've never heard of.

That said, it is said that the 5 round mags tend to have fewer feed issues than the 10s.  I have 2x 5rd and 1x 10rd for my Mark II and all feed fine so far, but my Savage 93R17 10rd mags definitely DO have more problems than the 5.

• Thanks 1