revenger

SC allows nj to borrow 9.9B

17 hours ago, Rob0115 said:

If you are thinking of leaving I’d skip some of the traditional destination like:  FL, NC, TX, CO, ID and to an extent AZ (second most popular spot for those fleeing CA last year).  These states are at a tipping point, and beyond in some cases.  FL, NC full of NE libs and FL has a large influx of dem voting Puerto Rican’s post Maria.   NC is also a popular destination and with the research triangle in RD and banking in CLT it will continue to get bluer.  As CA burns, and I don’t mean literally, and considers a 10 year exit tax they are fleeing to TX, ID, CO (which they already kind of ruined) and now AZ and NV.  Austin is the progressive capitol of the south.  Amazon is expanding there, SpaceX is there and Tesla may move capacity there too.  That equals more Californians.   Virginia is already gone with a dem majority.  

Tennessee is even started get some blue taint on it. 

I’m not sure how long anywhere will last but some are earlier in there transformation.  Just check the migratory path of libs before deciding and go elsewhere.  

This Nov, we will be here in TN 2 years. While I miss my old house, people and such, I'd never go back. 

For the first time in decades, we are always in the black. There were times in NJ where we couldn't afford a pizza once in awhile.

Nashville is screwed up like most big cities, but in most cases people fight here. They won't be in office long.
NJ dems are dug in because the dem voters are dug in. They just refuse to jump ship. Others, (and I have a few on my street), still think dems are the future and ask me stupid questions as to what did Trump do for us. I just cringe and tell them to research things themselves. 

So far, our taxes are low, no state tax, gas is fairly reasonable. My utilities are not bad. We actually have a growing savings account. 
I've said NJ has been doomed for years and it will continue to be doomed till it starts trying to go red. That won't be in my lifetime.

On a 2A note, G&A put out their new 2A friendly state list for the year and AZ is still in the #1 spot. Guess where NJ is...

• Like 2

It doesn't matter where you move to.  You will never be left alone by the Marxist, Globalist, Leftist, Elitists.  It is just a matter of time  before the brainwashing, conditioning, and of course the power and control decide if you can have tighty briefs, burlap panties, or if you have to go commando.   In all cases you are still going to be in deep shit with big wet spots in the front if you are lucky enough to have pants.  

By the way, who the hell would lend Murphy and NJ money?

On 8/12/2020 at 4:49 PM, Handyman said:

It's monopoly money to democrats. Their mindset is, "Who gives a fuck? We are already in unrecoverable debt.Who cares about billions more?"

The plan is to collapse the economy.  It has been for some time.  The end justifies the means.  Poverty and suffering are just collateral damage, and necessary to bring about their disordered change.

1 hour ago, bhunted said:

This Nov, we will be here in TN 2 years. While I miss my old house, people and such, I'd never go back. 

For the first time in decades, we are always in the black. There were times in NJ where we couldn't afford a pizza once in awhile.

Nashville is screwed up like most big cities, but in most cases people fight here. They won't be in office long.
NJ dems are dug in because the dem voters are dug in. They just refuse to jump ship. Others, (and I have a few on my street), still think dems are the future and ask me stupid questions as to what did Trump do for us. I just cringe and tell them to research things themselves. 

So far, our taxes are low, no state tax, gas is fairly reasonable. My utilities are not bad. We actually have a growing savings account. 
I've said NJ has been doomed for years and it will continue to be doomed till it starts trying to go red. That won't be in my lifetime.

On a 2A note, G&A put out their new 2A friendly state list for the year and AZ is still in the #1 spot. Guess where NJ is...

It was 2 years this past may that we moved to NH. We are saving 10k a year just in property tax alone. Add in free preschool, no sales tax or state income tax and the fact that my wife and I both now make more than we did in NJ and that cost of living is about the same or slightly less than NJ and its the perfect environment to grow our savings instead of living paycheck to paycheck. 

To top it off we don't really need to travel far to vacation/recreate. I'm litterally in the middle of White Mountian National Forest. Infact were taking our daughter camping for the first time this weekend and the spot I found is only a 9 mile drive and a 1 mile hike. We will be setting up camp less than an hour after leaving the house! 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, bhunted said:

No question AZ is good right now.  However, when you are the number 2 choice for Californians running away do you think that will last forever?  Look at what a couple major cities did to Colorado?  On an area basis Colorado is 99% red but all you need is Boulder and Denver and you have gun restrictions.  Moreover, what I’ve learned more than anything recently is conservatives, and gun owners especially, suck at defending their rights.  

10 minutes ago, Rob0115 said:

No question AZ is good right now.  However, when you are the number 2 choice for Californians running away do you think that will last forever?  Look at what a couple major cities did to Colorado?  On an area basis Colorado is 99% red but all you need is Boulder and Denver and you have gun restrictions.  Moreover, what I’ve learned more than anything recently is conservatives, and gun owners especially, suck at defending their rights.  

No, nothing last forever. Your state is another example. Has always been a 'run to state'. But I don't plan on living long enough to care. How long do people have to fight the losing cause of NJ?
- 2A is a dead issue and will only reanimate when all the old dems are dead... maybe...
NRA is useless as a tits on a bull as well as their useless mouth pieces in NJ. Not mentioning names but you know who. These asshats come out smelling like a rose when they defeat the most smallest case while GOA and SAF actually fight tough battles and win. I've been a Life Patriot Benefactor for years and they are still not satisfied. They get no more from me.

Poor Anthony, 'the tip of the spear', is busting his arse and for what? Just to have these swamp scum politicians look at you over their glasses while giving you the middle finger under the desk? I understand nobody wants to just roll over and die, but the outcomes are the same almost each and every time. 

All I know is now my blood pressure is lower, we are always in the black and so much more.

You obviously ditched NJ and for good reason. BTW, as depicted,  leaving NJ was not just about gun rights. I'm sure you know that. I'm in the country for the most part. It takes me 20 mins to get within city limits... I have farm animals for neighbors even though I live on a culdesac with brand new houses. 

I busted my arse all my life, worked since I was 13 and lived in a 1940ish house. It was def the time to get the eff out. I think we deserve it. New house, new cars and a lot more that we could never afford in NJ. Now just got to wait for wife to retire then maybe by another house in Kentucky... 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, bhunted said:

No, nothing last forever. Your state is another example. Has always been a 'run to state'. But I don't plan on living long enough to care. How long do people have to fight the losing cause of NJ?
- 2A is a dead issue and will only reanimate when all the old dems are dead... maybe...
NRA is useless as a tits on a bull as well as their useless mouth pieces in NJ. Not mentioning names but you know who. These asshats come out smelling like a rose when they defeat the most smallest case while GOA and SAF actually fight tough battles and win. I've been a Life Patriot Benefactor for years and they are still not satisfied. They get no more from me.

Poor Anthony, 'the tip of the spear', is busting his arse and for what? Just to have these swamp scum politicians look at you over their glasses while giving you the middle finger under the desk? I understand nobody wants to just roll over and die, but the outcomes are the same almost each and every time. 

All I know is now my blood pressure is lower, we are always in the black and so much more.

You obviously ditched NJ and for good reason. BTW, as depicted,  leaving NJ was not just about gun rights. I'm sure you know that. I'm in the country for the most part. It takes me 20 mins to get within city limits... I have farm animals for neighbors even though I live on a culdesac with brand new houses. 

I busted my arse all my life, worked since I was 13 and lived in a 1940ish house. It was def the time to get the eff out. I think we deserve it. New house, new cars and a lot more that we could never afford in NJ. Now just got to wait for wife to retire then maybe by another house in Kentucky... 

I totally get it.  You can’t just run for gun rights as it’s only one factor.  FL will be one of the first to fall, it’s a tipping point already.  The governor barely won and the republicans there are Rhino’s on their best days.  It was a republican that introduced the AWB that failed two years ago.  The state has ingested many displaced Puerto Ricans  which has me doubting Trump can carry the state again.  I moved to FL because the gun rights were better and will be better than NJ for a while.  I also picked it because there’s no state income tax, that’ll change too but will be a slow grind, and finally for the weather.  I love beaches and tropical weather.  I still have a home in NYC and NJ and I don’t know where I’ll end up at the end of the day.  Maybe NJ and FL or NYC and FL but it I maintain the spaces I do so I can see my kids.  At the end of the day taxes and freedoms are a great driver but being with my kids as the marry and have kids is the most important thing.  

BTW, I’m not sure how you were interpreting my posts.   I was in no way being critical of your decision on Tennessee or your lifestyle.  I’m hoping you didn’t take it that way. 

I’m a life member of the NRA but won’t give them money.  I’ve been directing my money to others that have been doing better especially in FL.  I’ll find someone in NJ to support but the NRA has to get their $h!t together before they get into my wallet again.  

Like Fishnut, it was 2 years ago we left NJ for New Hampshire.  My property taxes are about the same here as they were in NJ, but with no state tax and no sales tax, I saved enough the first year to pay for the move.   I miss our friends and some of the things we did ther,e and there is NO good pizza here, but it will be a cold day in hell before I ever move back to NJ.

With the new borrowing the state just dug the deep hole deeper.  I don't see anything good happening in NJ during my lifetime. 

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Rob0115 said:

BTW, I’m not sure how you were interpreting my posts.   I was in no way being critical of your decision on Tennessee or your lifestyle.  I’m hoping you didn’t take it that way. 

I’m a life member of the NRA but won’t give them money.  I’ve been directing my money to others that have been doing better especially in FL.  I’ll find someone in NJ to support but the NRA has to get their $h!t together before they get into my wallet again.  

No worries. Rob... I knew where you were coming from. (Further remarks below do not refer to you, Rob. Just 'you' as all or everyone.) :)

What aggravates me about the 2A argument in NJ from years ago is people saying, 'stay, don't move, fight for your rights'. Now do all these people still feel the same way? Circumstances change. I was done fighting years ago. Sometimes, you need to realize that wars get lost and battles don't always win.You got to at least win the major battles. Nobody has the time to take baby steps anymore... Take the spoils and get out. 

But I'm not saying don't fight for just your gun rights. It's been a losing battle. Fight because you want a better life on a whole. If you can get out, leave. If there is something anchoring, leave soon as possible and start developing a plan. Don't get pist off when all of a sudden you experience total failure and have no backup plan. That's on you...

Watch this video below if you haven't seen it. 

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, mustang69 said:

Like Fishnut, it was 2 years ago we left NJ for New Hampshire.  My property taxes are about the same here as they were in NJ, but with no state tax and no sales tax, I saved enough the first year to pay for the move.   I miss our friends and some of the things we did ther,e and there is NO good pizza here, but it will be a cold day in hell before I ever move back to NJ.

With the new borrowing the state just dug the deep hole deeper.  I don't see anything good happening in NJ during my lifetime. 

Yes the pizza sucks and so does the chinese food up here and I'm far enough out in the sticks there's no home delivery of mail and no home pick up of garbage but its worth the trade off for sure. We will never live in NJ or any other oppressive state ever again. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, mustang69 said:

Haha there’s no pizza in FL either!  It’s dominos and they it’s good.  There’s also no bagels unless you go into downtown Jacksonville.  

• Agree 1
  • Confused 1

53 minutes ago, Rob0115 said:

Haha there’s no pizza in FL either!  It’s dominos and they it’s good.  There’s also no bagels unless you go into downtown Jacksonville.  

Same probs down here. But you should have a Panera down there for bagels, no? Their bagels are actually quite good. Pizza, same thing down here. Nobody tosses crust. They put it into a pile driver and beat it into submission. BUT, we have gained a northerner down here from Lodi, NJ and he opened Jersey Boys Kitchen. Finally, some NJ style cooking. From breakfast sammiches to home style meat loaf.:)

• Like 1

21 hours ago, bhunted said:

Same probs down here. But you should have a Panera down there for bagels, no? Their bagels are actually quite good. Pizza, same thing down here. Nobody tosses crust. They put it into a pile driver and beat it into submission. BUT, we have gained a northerner down here from Lodi, NJ and he opened Jersey Boys Kitchen. Finally, some NJ style cooking. From breakfast sammiches to home style meat loaf.:)

Yeah there’s a Panera on the mainland that’s a pain in the butt to get over to.  There’s so much traffic in Yulee and Fernandina (off island) that it’s not quite worth it.  They’ve really built up over the last 6 years (and started earlier) that it’s like route 10 in East Hanover, you can’t get anywhere.  

• Sad 1

21 hours ago, bhunted said:

he opened Jersey Boys Kitchen. Finally, some NJ style cooking. From breakfast sammiches to home style meat loaf.:)

I keep telling my wife I need to do this.  No "fat" sandwiches here and it's a college town.

A friend of mine and her husband moved to Charlotte, NC after she got a big job with US Airways.  He decided instead of looking for a gig to open an authentic Italian deli and absolutely killed.  His brother-in-law, my former attorney, sold his practice, moved down with his wife and they expanded to 3 locations.  They’ve had quite a bit of success with the deli’s.   

21 minutes ago, tomk62 said:

I keep telling my wife I need to do this.  No "fat" sandwiches here and it's a college town.

It’s not a bad idea at all. 

• Like 1

On 8/20/2020 at 3:26 PM, bhunted said:

Lodi, Do they have the Taylor ham flown in fresh?

On 8/21/2020 at 6:37 PM, fishnut said:

no such thing, talyor makes porkroll 

Ugh, I’ve spent time here in CNJ and they say pork roll.  I still order Taylor ham.  

1 hour ago, rifleman said:

If you can't beat them, join them. I am going to fill out a loan application for $9,900,000,000 with no plan for repayment and submit it for approval. Does anybody have the address for this?

Thanks!

Cool. After you get it, could you send me a small grant? Say $5 million? I'll research something if you want.