Jump to content

Recommended Posts

12 minutes ago, Krdshrk said:

Which rules are you looking at?  Speed on Steel?  Centerfire "Rested Ready" = 2 second penalty on each run (string).  No penalty for rimfire.

 

I shot a steel challenge a couple weeks ago ( i wasnt terribly competitive). I overheard some guys talking about a penalty for not having a holster, starting in the ready with a 9mm. The goal was to shoot 5 steal targets, the stop plate being last. 

As far as terms go, a run (string) is 1 part of a stage? 

So if im understanding what you're saying, each run has 2 seconds added. So essentially 8 seconds to each stage correct?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

3 seconds added per string — thats 15 seconds per stage total — this rule is the same for both monthly steel matches at OBRPC

Doesn't really matter much — you are there to have fun, not win a cadillac

 

Rimfire pistol no holster no penalty

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Heavyopp said:

3 seconds added per string — thats 15 seconds per stage total — this rule is the same for both monthly steel matches at OBRPC

Doesn't really matter much — you are there to have fun, not win a cadillac

 

Rimfire pistol no holster no penalty

This is true, i doubt ill get to the level of some of these guys. I definitely like to compete against myself though! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Heavyopp said:

What gun you shooting?

I think I have a holster for a 75b — you can borrow it next time out

have a spare belt too if it fits

Thats very generous of you. I actually have been shooting the walther ppq match. I have a holster being delivered today! Do you shoot the steel matches too?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I did years ago, then took some time off

Once it gets cooler out I’ll be back at it

steel is fun but its a long day at OB — it became too big

was nice when you could be out of there at noon and still salvage the rest of the day for house stuff

Forgot to ask — did you get a belt also?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Heavyopp said:

I did years ago, then took some time off

Once it gets cooler out I’ll be back at it

steel is fun but its a long day at OB — it became too big

was nice when you could be out of there at noon and still salvage the rest of the day for house stuff

Forgot to ask — did you get a belt also?

I didn't get a specific competetion belt, is that necessary? I proposed tuesday so funds are a bit tight. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Congratulations— why does proposing make funds tight — she should say yes even with an aluminum foil ring

A gun belt makes a big difference — stiffer, supports the gun and makes draw easier

what size waist are you?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Heavyopp said:

Congratulations— why does proposing make funds tight — she should say yes even with an aluminum foil ring

A gun belt makes a big difference — stiffer, supports the gun and makes draw easier

what size waist are you?

Because i already bought the ring lol. Im a 32, any belt you suggest? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A carry belt and a copetition belt are ususally different — most use the inner/outer belt for comp — these are really stiff - not for everyday use

I use wilderness systems for an everyday belt

I use double alpha comp belts — the inner outer belts are pretty much the same

 

I do have a 38” double alpha spare belt here — you are welcome to try it out — 38” belt should be just about right for you

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Heavyopp said:

A carry belt and a copetition belt are ususally different — most use the inner/outer belt for comp — these are really stiff - not for everyday use

I use wilderness systems for an everyday belt

I use double alpha comp belts — the inner outer belts are pretty much the same

 

I do have a 38” double alpha spare belt here — you are welcome to try it out — 38” belt should be just about right for you

 

Very cool. Pmd. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...