Cheflife15

22 pistol

What are some favorite 22 pistols you like for extra reps sincr 9mm prices are disgusting at the moment? 

Im looking at the ppq 22 since i have a ppq match and figure its a similar set up, trigger etc. 

Ultimately looking for something relatively reliable (dont want to clear a jam every magazine). 

Would also like to keep around 500. 

Just now, Cheflife15 said:

I do like the looks of this, i see they make a 4.5 inch barrel one. 

It's the only gun my wife likes.  With the different back straps it comes with, it can fit most any hand perfectly. Mine has never jammed and have fed it almost everything imaginable in .22LR.

• Like 1

I have the SR 22, and recently got the TX-22 and the Riger Wrangler. They are all a lot of fun.

Or you can circumvent the whole P2P hassle by buying a conversion kit for a gun you already have. I have a Tactical Solutions kit for my Glocks, and it runs pretty well, admittedly with an occasional malfunction. 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Cheflife15 said:

What are some favorite 22 pistols you like for extra reps sincr 9mm prices are disgusting at the moment? 

Im looking at the ppq 22 since i have a ppq match and figure its a similar set up, trigger etc. 

Ultimately looking for something relatively reliable (dont want to clear a jam every magazine). 

Would also like to keep around 500. 

Any of the Ruger Marks...

The newer ones are easy to take apart and clean, but the older ones are awesome, too.  A 5 1/2 inch bull barrel Target Mark II is a treasure.  The lawyerly Mark III can be made better with a couple of upgrades, and then there is the Mark IV with its easy cleaning.  If you like the 1911 grip angle then get the 22/45.  

I am not a fan of the SR22 and I think the S&W M&P 22 Compact is much nicer.  And, you cannot go wrong with a vintage Buckmark with a nice trigger.  

• Agree 1

One bit of heads up on the Ruger Mark IV, you may need to do some searching for what you want. I've got one (Standard 4.75 inch barrel) that's "processing" I'm expecting it some time before the election and when I bought that it was apparently the last one they had since the site now says out of stock.

No affiliation with the seller but I saw this one just come up

https://www.1911addicts.com/threads/get-1911-22lr.108087/

Do your due diligence, seller has little feedback, ask for a picture with your name written on a piece if paper next to the gun

I have a GSG 1911 .22 — keep it wet and it runs most all ammo 

• Agree 1

51 minutes ago, Heavyopp said:

No affiliation with the seller but I saw this one just come up

https://www.1911addicts.com/threads/get-1911-22lr.108087/

Do your due diligence, seller has little feedback, ask for a picture with your name written on a piece if paper next to the gun

I have a GSG 1911 .22 — keep it wet and it runs most all ammo 

Interesting, never heard of the brand. I'll look into it.

2 hours ago, Cheflife15 said:

Interesting, never heard of the brand. I'll look into it.

It is the same as the SIG 1911-22.

You could get a CZ 75B and then the conversion kit, or just get the Kadet.    

35 minutes ago, Underdog said:

It is the same as the SIG 1911-22.

You could get a CZ 75B and then the conversion kit, or just get the Kadet.    

I actually have a cz but i have 2 permits to burn before this year ends also. 

Any experience with this ammo

https://www.targetsportsusa.com/sk-pistol-match-special-22-long-rifle-ammo-40-grain-lrn-402144-p-109261.aspx

Heard ammo is super important for 22. 

Ammo isn’t super important for.22 just remember this 

STAY AWAY FROM REMINGTON BUCKET OF BULLETS— never heard anything good come from remington .22 rimfire ammo

once again, although cheaper, .22 rimfire ammo may be unobtanium

Buy em cheap, stack em deep

5 hours ago, Cheflife15 said:

I actually have a cz but i have 2 permits to burn before this year ends also. 

Any experience with this ammo

https://www.targetsportsusa.com/sk-pistol-match-special-22-long-rifle-ammo-40-grain-lrn-402144-p-109261.aspx

Heard ammo is super important for 22. 

The link shows a 50rnd box of 22lr for $64.99... calls it .13 a round?.... guess the are price gouging and changed price but not price per round? As my math makes it $1.2998 lmao

714443A1-6BA4-4AEA-B516-57EF863A6919.png

4 minutes ago, pjd832 said:

The link shows a 50rnd box of 22lr for $64.99... calls it .13 a round?.... guess the are price gouging and changed price but not price per round? As my math makes it $1.2998 lmao

714443A1-6BA4-4AEA-B516-57EF863A6919.png

If you select the drop down tab its for 500 round

On 8/16/2020 at 10:48 AM, Zeke said:

Sig mosquito...

Cindy saw a GSG firefly which is the company that made the Sig Mosquito. It's the same gun. It was purple and relatively inexpensive so she had to have it.. It has proven to be a bit picky on ammo but we only have about 200 rounds through it.

The plus is it's a 3/4 size P226. DA trigger is horrible, SA trigger is serviceable.

On 8/16/2020 at 9:50 PM, Heavyopp said:

Last time it was gone for quite awhile — and expensive when you could find it

When it goes, it'll go hard. Because unlike centerfire ammo where if you can get the tooling you can convert a machine from one cartridge to another,  rimfire rounds have all the capacity they will be getting unless someone starts building out manufacturing. 

Because it is cheap, people tend to go from buying very little to buying a LOT. Right now I think it isn't at the top of the list because a large chunk of what is being bought is stuff suitable for tooling up for civil war. 

• Like 1

The last 22lr I bought was .02 1/2 cents a round delivered.  I simply cannot pass up cheap ammo.  Thunderbolt was the brand and some people scoff at it but it always goes bang for me and the boys and besides, the copper plated stuff is stacked so deep I don't think I can shoot in my lifetime. 

27 minutes ago, RUTGERS95 said:

The last 22lr I bought was .02 1/2 cents a round delivered.  I simply cannot pass up cheap ammo.  Thunderbolt was the brand and some people scoff at it but it always goes bang for me and the boys and besides, the copper plated stuff is stacked so deep I don't think I can shoot in my lifetime. 

$12.50 a brick or $1.25 per box of 50! That must have been quite a while ago. 13 cents per round with order limits seems to be the floor going price!

• Like 1