Romeo

Private sale of ammo in NJ - is it legal?

1 hour ago, Scorpio64 said:

Yes, perfectly legal.

Be prepared to be inundated by vultures.  Also, don't be a shitbag and sell for 10x what you paid.  If you are here to price gouge, you will burn in hell.

LOL - after all replies I don't feel like selling anymore :crazy:. Who wants to burn in hell or even worse..... 

Thanks everybody for good laugh.

Seriously, there is dilemma here (regarding capitalism). Let's assume (only assume!!!) that I have a few boxes (maybe 4 boxes x 25 rounds) of very nice Hornady Critical Duty 9mm +P 135gr ammo. Now let's assume that I paid around $120. 

Now, according to Scorpio if I sell for let's say $150 I'll become "shitbag". But if I sell for $120 - a lot if people will call me an idiot because they are more like $1.50/rd. We have to understand that we are still (don't know for how long) capitalist country. 

1 minute ago, Romeo said:

Seriously, there is dilemma here

Just sell you ammo, don't take advantage of people.  If you have a conscience, let it be your guide.  Are you here to make friends or money?  Money does not last long, good friends are forever and never forget a good turn.

That is all.

14 minutes ago, Scorpio64 said:

If you have a conscience, let it be your guide.  Are you here to make friends or money?  Money does not last long, good friends are forever and never forget a good turn.

That is all.

In reality, it's said that there are 1 million gun owners in NJ. How many of them participate in this forum? Not sure this is the only place to search for "gun friends"....

11 minutes ago, NJSigfan said:

Sell it to Sig carrying members for fair price.  

Gouge the crap out of Glock owners.  They were silly enough to buy a glock in the first place and can be fooled by “a good price “.

What about the Ruger owners? What do they get?

The market will price it....

You have a RIGHT to make money on a transaction and NOT break even or lose money to be a 'good guy'.

There is a buyer at every price point...and that depends on need/want.

I sold a brick of .22lr for $65.00 locally...am I a shitbag..?  He needed it...he was willing to pay, i had it..and he was happy to have it.

The lack of proper planning on the part of others, does not constitute the need for you to give your stuff away at old market or below current market value,  to be deemed a 'good guy'

• Like 1
  • Agree 3

kinda funny how a person selling something he owns is told by another person who doesn own it. Says to sell it his way or he is a lesser person for not complying. So you sell it fer what ever you want and if I buy it, its cuz it was a price I was willing to pay.

"Worth" is what any person is willing to "personally" pay for it! 

Liberty and Freedom allows you to sell for what ever you want and allows me to buy or not.

• Like 1
  • Agree 3

6 hours ago, USRifle30Cal said:

to be deemed a 'good guy'

Good guys dont tell others how to live their lives or tell others how to think!

Sounds like Fascist and Communistic economic determinations and intolerant views of how a person should adhere to the central authority on what a price or cost should be.

Liberty and freedom can only be restricted by man.

I seem to see alotta restrictions of Liberty and Freedom on this board. Pretty funny since a this Forum is about supporting something called the 2nd amendment, a Right.

Yet the Right of the 1st Amendment is being attacked in this thread. Anyone can disagree with price, Once you attack the individual, its no longer about the price. Its about...

I have a bad feeling about this topic - or lost topic. I asked simple question about legality of private sale of ammo and later jokingly talked about pricing. Suddenly it's becoming a little too political/ethical/heated for no reason. We all mean good, so please, please... let's not go there.

36 minutes ago, Romeo said:

I have a bad feeling about this topic - or lost topic. I asked simple question about legality of private sale of ammo and later jokingly talked about pricing. Suddenly it's becoming a little too political/ethical/heated for no reason. We all mean good, so please, please... let's not go there.

Ha !

This is NJGF - the place where a simple question yields 90+ pages of insults, innuendo and pontificating !

:)

Enjoy  LOL

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, JT Custom Guns said:

Dick bought his ammo at 7.99 a box back in 2015

Dick has 10,000 rounds in his garage

Dick is now trying to sell it for 19.95 a box

Don't be a Dick.................

The actual 'dick' is the guy that didn't stock up when he should have....and now expects a pass from the others that did - 

It is called capitalism......

Are you going to be selling guns then at cost then?  free transfers?  :-P

image.thumb.png.4554c8550aa44d2d99cc6210cc199c21.png

• Like 1
  • Agree 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Romeo said:

A year ago it would have been a simple question, but today it's impossible to ignore the current state of guns and ammo prices/availability.

The reality is that there are people who look to take advantage of situations like this and profit from it.  Whether it's "right" or "wrong" is totally subjective.

If you have something somebody else wants and you both come to an agreement on the price, why should either of you be concerned with what others think?

13 hours ago, Romeo said:

Seriously, there is dilemma here (regarding capitalism). Let's assume (only assume!!!) that I have a few boxes (maybe 4 boxes x 25 rounds) of very nice Hornady Critical Duty 9mm +P 135gr ammo. Now let's assume that I paid around $120. 

Now, according to Scorpio if I sell for let's say $150 I'll become "shitbag". But if I sell for $120 - a lot if people will call me an idiot because they are more like $1.50/rd. We have to understand that we are still (don't know for how long) capitalist country. 

Don't be an idiot.

If you cant replace what you are selling for the price you are asking... then its abundantly clear what to charge. 

And don't listen to people here who are trying to buy ammo cheap, lol. 

• Like 2

17 hours ago, NJSigfan said:

Sell it to Sig carrying members for fair price.  

Gouge the crap out of Glock owners.  They were silly enough to buy a glock in the first place and can be fooled by “a good price “.

Yes you’re right. If you’re in a gunfight and get hit you can just drop your sig to return fire.  Right @Zeke?

• Haha 3

I have 5,000 rds of Federal XM193 5.56 I might sell. Make an offer. 

I paid $1500. What are you willing to pay right now?

5.56 is going for twice that price right now, if you can find it. I sure someone would scoop it up in a second for $3,000 maybe even $3,500.

Disclaimer: I'm not really selling any ammo.