Displaced Texan

Today is the day I ask for your help..

I rarely discuss my personal life with anyone, but Today, I need your prayers. Today is the day that we all know comes eventually, but pray never comes. 

We have to say goodbye to our little girl, Harley, our miniature Dachshund. She crossing the rainbow bridge. 

We have been blessed with being her parents for 16 years, and we could not have asked for a better little girl. 
We are beyond devastated, and heartbroken. 

Goodbye, my sweet angel. We will be strong for you, like you were for us.

36B5C16C-3AB1-40B4-A6EE-1A7598FB075F.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Sad 13

10 minutes ago, Displaced Texan said:

I rarely discuss my personal life with anyone, but Today, I need your prayers. Today is the day that we all know comes eventually, but pray never comes. 

We have to say goodbye to our little girl, Harley, our miniature Dachshund. She crossing the rainbow bridge. 

We have been blessed with being her parents for 16 years, and we could not have asked for a better little girl. 
We are beyond devastated, and heartbroken. 

Goodbye, my sweet angel. We will be strong for you, like you were for us.

36B5C16C-3AB1-40B4-A6EE-1A7598FB075F.jpeg

Been there a few times, it is not easy....i still cry thinking about them...  Barkley was a true gentlemen and my cocktail buddy, one year in and I am still a mess sometimes....

Do NOT let go of that paw.....she would lay over you....and you need to hold her....

BUT, you shall meet again, that i know

Attach4795_20200815_101236.jpg

• Like 1

Losing a faithful 4 legged companion is sometimes tougher than losing a two legged version. Our pups give us unconditional love and attention, and ask for very little in return. They truly are "Mans Best Friend".

Hang in there, Tex, knowing you gave her the best life possible. They leave us all too soon, so take the time to remember all the good times with her!

Every time I get down and think about losing my past girl, I go back and read this poem, knowing that one day we'll be back together again. Tex, you'll be back together with her. Plan for that party!

il_570xN.1993487113_61pr.jpg

Tex. My heart goes out to you and the family , losing a furry member of the family is never an easy thing to go thru  . I've done it many times as you can see all have crossed the bridge , but remember a short time of sorrow will never over shadow many years of love . and in time consider giving another dog a forever happy home. John 

IM000209 (2).JPG

Damn... really sorry for your loss. I know what you’re going through. I’ve lost two (within a month of eachother), one we knew ahead of time, the other was sudden.  As absolutely heart wrenching each day was after we found out looking back I don’t think I’d trade them. As with your last picture at least you got that time with her and got to pamper her last few hours. It hurts like a fucking bullet but that means something. It means you made things better. 

Why are my eyes leaking?

• Agree 1

Enduring the loss is the price we pay for the years of companionship, fun, and unrequited love. We're cat people, and it was just as tough for us all three times the call came.

My sincere condolences.

Sorry for your loss. I know how heartbreaking it is, our pets, especially dogs to me, are family. I can only remember shedding tears three or four times in my adult life and I know two of those Were for lost dogs. She will RIP.

Sending you some courage and tenderness and prayer. I am sorry for your loss and the difficult decision you are faced with.  Your Harley isn't going to suffer and she will wait for you.    Here is a poem by Wendell Berry that means something to me and helped me when I had to let my best friend go. 

The Eager Dog Lies Strange and Still  

The eager dog lies strange and still who roamed the woods with me; Then while I stood or climbed the hill Or sat under a tree,

Awaiting what more time might say, He thrashed in undergrowth, Pursuing what he scared away, Made ruckus for us both.

He’s dead; I go more quiet now, Stillness added to me By time and sorrow, mortal law, By loss of company

That his new absence has made new. Though it must come by doom, This quiet comes by kindness too, And brings me nearer home,

For as I walk the wooded land The morning of God’s mercy, Beyond the work of mortal hand, Seen by more than I see.

The quiet deer look up and wait, Held still in quick of grace. And I wait, stop footstep and thought. We stand here face to face.

-Wendell Berry

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Underdog said:

Sending you some courage and tenderness and prayer. I am sorry for your loss and the difficult decision you are faced with.  Your Harley isn't going to suffer and she will wait for you.    Here is a poem by Wendell Berry that means something to me and helped me when I had to let my best friend go. 

The Eager Dog Lies Strange and Still  

The eager dog lies strange and still who roamed the woods with me; Then while I stood or climbed the hill Or sat under a tree,

Awaiting what more time might say, He thrashed in undergrowth, Pursuing what he scared away, Made ruckus for us both.

He’s dead; I go more quiet now, Stillness added to me By time and sorrow, mortal law, By loss of company

That his new absence has made new. Though it must come by doom, This quiet comes by kindness too, And brings me nearer home,

For as I walk the wooded land The morning of God’s mercy, Beyond the work of mortal hand, Seen by more than I see.

The quiet deer look up and wait, Held still in quick of grace. And I wait, stop footstep and thought. We stand here face to face.

-Wendell Berry

I hate to admit this to anyone, privately or publicly, but I’m sitting here reading this, and everyone’s posts...and I’m in tears. 

I’m in the living room, drinking my morning coffee, expecting her to come out of the bedroom, wagging her tail, ears up, looking at me, ready to give me my morning kisses. For us to go on our morning walk. 

Thank you, Underdog, and thank you all. 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Displaced Texan said:

I hate to admit this to anyone, privately or publicly, but I’m sitting here reading this, and everyone’s posts...and I’m in tears. 

I’m in the living room, drinking my morning coffee, expecting her to come out of the bedroom, wagging her tail, ears up, looking at me, ready to give me my morning kisses. For us to go on our morning walk. 

Thank you, Underdog, and thank you all. 

I am crying with you bro...keep that chip up!  Better times are coming.

• Agree 1