37 minutes ago, revenger said:

Friend said he got a new change of address FID and it was different,  No info on back of card.     My guess is that murphy will force all of us to "upgrade" for 100 bucks

First they’ll make them expire. 

Someone I know received their double-sided FPID card about a month ago. Local PD said they were restricting personal contact and not taking appointments for fingerprints. They also told him the print was unnecessary, and he could purchase without it. Can any of our forum FFLs confirm?

20 hours ago, bennj said:

Someone I know received their double-sided FPID card about a month ago. Local PD said they were restricting personal contact and not taking appointments for fingerprints. They also told him the print was unnecessary, and he could purchase without it. Can any of our forum FFLs confirm?

We have seen quite a few new FPIDs come thru the shop without the thumbprint, claiming COVID as the reason. We have also heard that some Local PDs are telling people to make their own thumbprint with whatever ink they have on hand. We have also seen p2ps come thru without the signature in presence of issuing authority.

On 8/29/2020 at 6:02 PM, dajonga said:

We have seen quite a few new FPIDs come thru the shop without the thumbprint, claiming COVID as the reason. We have also heard that some Local PDs are telling people to make their own thumbprint with whatever ink they have on hand. We have also seen p2ps come thru without the signature in presence of issuing authority.

Same here............I've had quite a few people tell me that the PD mailed them the FPID card and PPP with instructions to sign the documents in the appropriate places and either do the fingerprint themselves or that the PD will do it when Covid settles down.