sgtdave4321

Anderson Lowers

I remember back in 2016 before the presidential election, I picked up an Anderson stripped lower for less than 50 dollars, along with a Hi Point carbine in 9mm for $280. I used that anderson lower for a budget build that I sourced parts on here. Now in this presidential election, I am able to take advantage of those NJGF PSA lowers. Gonna try and do one more budget rifle build. How are those PSA complete uppers? Might use one.

• Like 2

Nothing wrong with Anderson at all.  I feel sorry for the guys that need to have a certain logo or pay $50 for a safety, imagine having that little of a dik that you need to pay up for a weapon they will fire less than 500rds/yr   lol

I say this as someone who has/had LMT, COLT, NOVESKE, BCM, LARUE, etc etc etc....

I used Anderson parts for my boys first builds over the summer and was very happy

• Agree 4

39 minutes ago, RUTGERS95 said:

Nothing wrong with Anderson at all.  I feel sorry for the guys that need to have a certain logo or pay $50 for a safety, imagine having that little of a dik that you need to pay up for a weapon they will fire less than 500rds/yr   lol

I say this as someone who has/had LMT, COLT, NOVESKE, BCM, LARUE, etc etc etc....

I used Anderson parts for my boys first builds over the summer and was very happy

I agree. But what do I know. I collect Colts.

3 minutes ago, PK90 said:

I agree. But what do I know. I collect Colts.

me too!

I have every 'law enforcement including Mexican' Colt lower series they ever made.  Lots of Colt /rifles/stuff  Sold off most of the scopes but kept the 1st series 3x in pristine condition, impossible to find now.

Now I'm strictly buying LMT for complete rifles

1 minute ago, Shepherd9 said:

No one "needs" the $50 safety.  But please put a decent charging handle on it if you have any intention of ever needing the rifle for anything off the range.

Aero lowers have been my go to.

my point wasn't that, it was the gucci crowd mentality and how utterly ridiculous they are.  The only stronger case for marketing effect on consumer I've ever seen is Japanese snow companies convincing Japanese people the snow there is different so only Jap made winter items will work.  After that, the US gun mkt is 2nd for stupidity

2 hours ago, RUTGERS95 said:

That was unpleasantly hostile and presumptive. 

Anderson lowers are OK. If we lived in a free state, I'd probably have a stack of them in a corner never being used. But there are no budget lowers when you add in shipping, transfer fees, NICs, tax, etc. As others have said, you are paying for a lower produced with modern production methods and limited QC. 

All my favorite lowers are stuff sourced form aero precision essentially. I'd rather wait for an aero precision on sale than go with anderson, but in the current market, I wouldn't be that picky. Anderson is one of the many brands you are playing the QC lottery with and you can pay a whole lot more than anderson charges to do so. 

Right now it's about what you cna get, and if osmeone4 has a $50 anderson in stock and the $75 aero is out, then yeah buy the anderson. 

On 1/22/2021 at 12:31 PM, raz-0 said:

Anderson lowers are OK. If we lived in a free state, I'd probably have a stack of them in a corner never being used. But there are no budget lowers when you add in shipping, transfer fees, NICs, tax, etc. As others have said, you are paying for a lower produced with modern production methods and limited QC. 

All my favorite lowers are stuff sourced form aero precision essentially. I'd rather wait for an aero precision on sale than go with anderson, but in the current market, I wouldn't be that picky. Anderson is one of the many brands you are playing the QC lottery with and you can pay a whole lot more than anderson charges to do so. 

Right now it's about what you cna get, and if osmeone4 has a $50 anderson in stock and the $75 aero is out, then yeah buy the anderson. 

Where can you get an anderson for $50 or aero for $75?  

2 hours ago, Dooly said:

Where can you get an anderson for $50 or aero for $75?  

Right now no where. Which is why I said under current conditions, if you can get one, get it. 
In more normal times where there was actually things in stock, psa sold aero for $75 and primary arms sold Anderson for $47.99. 

On 1/22/2021 at 12:31 PM, raz-0 said:

Hostile and presumptive?  What?

I know a few local shops that have anderson lowers and want $150 for them...and that does not include tax or nics fee.

This whole price inflation and impulse/panic buying will probably phase out just like what happened in 1994.  I'll just wait it out....especially to buy a plain jane stripped lower for $150.  

I'm by far not in any urgent situation so I may be in a different spot  (actually looking to thin out some inventory...lol) but looking for a lower to build something out with my remnant parts...

45 minutes ago, Dooly said:

Awesome...$110 shipped, then tax+nics+FFL fee....there's no logo so that's cool so i'll get Noveske engraved on it and it'll be almost like the real thing!  The look and price!   LOL

110 shipped? 4.99 i see

Personally i don't care, I've a few aero lowers sitting i'll build soon enough

26 minutes ago, RUTGERS95 said:

110 shipped? 4.99 i see

Personally i don't care, I've a few aero lowers sitting i'll build soon enough

Yeah on that site it says flat rate shipping for 11.99?  

You want to sell any of those aeros?  ...I know a lower is a lower is a lower and all will perform admirably but I hear a few uppers don't sit all nice and mated with the aeros thus a slight bit of wobble between the upper and lower, nothing that tension screws can't fix.  Did you ever see that with any of your aeros?

1 hour ago, Dooly said:

You want to sell any of those aeros?  ...I know a lower is a lower is a lower and all will perform admirably but I hear a few uppers don't sit all nice and mated with the aeros thus a slight bit of wobble between the upper and lower, nothing that tension screws can't fix.  Did you ever see that with any of your aeros?

Check that, free shipping on firearms and receivers

1 hour ago, Dooly said:

They are all milspec. And milspec has some wobble, unfortunately. That's why people invented those wedges. I think aero lowers have tension screws built in 

56 minutes ago, JackDaWack said:

They are all milspec. And milspec has some wobble, unfortunately. That's why people invented those wedges. I think aero lowers have tension screws built in 

Not unfortunately,  you want that as it was designed for some slop for obvious advantages.  Play is good

The slight wobble will indeed effect accuracy although very very negligible...and although I'm not a marksman or sharpshooter or anything close to even being one BUT I am a little OCD about the slight wobble and any jingle.  Haha

Thanks all..  I'll probably go with the O ring method if the lower doesn't have a dedicated threaded screw hole for tension adjustments.  All my rifles now have the screws and I know the aero lowers has it but unfortunately Andersons do not...and the Anderson's are the only ones I know are available at some shops near me.  

Either way, the costs for any new lowers are a joke nowadays and I'm in no dying need for them now...just looking to see if anyone has a used (or new) one they're looking to unload at a reasonable price to someone local. 

On 1/24/2021 at 8:38 PM, jrfly3006 said:

This is the answer to wobble right here..been doing for years and it's the easiest and cheapest fix.

I now have a few stealth lowers but unfortunately they dont have the hole for tension screws.  Silly question but did the O ring method make it tight to the point where the pins were too tough to pull out with fingers or just enough to decrease the wobble, enough to relax my OCD?  (I presume different O ring sizes and the number of them would also effect the level of tightness as well...). 

I assume I probably will have to get a few rings and just experiment with what works best for me...is that how you guys did it?