sgtdave4321

Anderson Lowers

Used Spikes, PSA, Aero and even Bushmaster if you can even find those anymore!. All GTG. Of those only Aero has the tension screw which I never touched. I did try the wedge but its a very very tight fit. Didn't care for that neither. Anyone got pics of the O ring fix? You know a pic just fills the blanks. A pic of Scorpio64's painters tape fix would be great too. Thanks!

7 minutes ago, My1stGlock said:

Used Spikes, PSA, Aero and even Bushmaster if you can even find those anymore!. All GTG. Of those only Aero has the tension screw which I never touched. I did try the wedge but its a very very tight fit. Didn't care for that neither. Anyone got pics of the O ring fix? You know a pic just fills the blanks. A pic of Scorpio64's painters tape fix would be great too. Thanks!

I will snap  a pic later of the o-ring fix for you.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, My1stGlock said:

A pic of Scorpio64's painters tape fix would be great too. Thanks!

I'm too lazy to do that! 

Just grab painters tape, scissors, a solvent that won't leave an oily residue, like pure isoproponol, and a razor blade.  Open the receiver, clean the mating surface of the lower, slap two layers of tape, trim, close receiver, DONE.  You don't have to put tape down the entire length of the lower, just the wide part near the buffer tube.  It'll be locked up tighter than your fist around a piece of bacon.

6 hours ago, jrfly3006 said:

So I can't get photos to work but I found one on the net which is exactly what I did . The o -ring is a #7 1/2 OD 3/8 ID 1/16 thickness. Got them at Lowes.

ar-oring-trick.jpg

That's a cool color...what color is that?  It's like a greenish, mint, aqua mix...

Nice customization! 

15 hours ago, jrfly3006 said:

So I can't get photos to work but I found one on the net which is exactly what I did . The o -ring is a #7 1/2 OD 3/8 ID 1/16 thickness. Got them at Lowes.

ar-oring-trick.jpg

Simple enough gonna give that a try on my ARs. Looks very effective. Thx Jrfly!

17 hours ago, Scorpio64 said:

I'm too lazy to do that! 

Just grab painters tape, scissors, a solvent that won't leave an oily residue, like pure isoproponol, and a razor blade.  Open the receiver, clean the mating surface of the lower, slap two layers of tape, trim, close receiver, DONE.  You don't have to put tape down the entire length of the lower, just the wide part near the buffer tube.  It'll be locked up tighter than your fist around a piece of bacon.

Yea i hear ya. Thanks for the write up. Usually I do a google search on it but for some reason the brain was in neutral.. I guess my 8am run to Shooters drained my brain cells...lol.