beaniam

What can you tell me about this luger?

I picked this up about 10 years ago.  There's really no matching parts.  If I remember right I believe it has a newer replacement barrel.  I had ftf and fte issues back when I got it but worked out 90% of them with new springs and mecgar mags.  It's a decent shooter.  Was wondering if these parts mix lugers were somewhat common or held any value.  Might be going up for sale.

KIMG0840.JPG

KIMG0836.JPG

KIMG0839.JPG

KIMG0837.JPG

KIMG0841.JPG

KIMG0838.JPG

KIMG0842.JPG

• Agree 1

With nothing matching and the new barrel, it's a shooter.  If it works 90% of the time  without failures, it's not a reliable shooter either!

I have seen many of them all matching, including the magazine. There are also many with the gun matching but not the mag. I have seen many with one part that does not match, but none of parts matching I have never seen.  I am actually in the market for a reliable shooter P08 since I always thought they were cool looking.

Luger P08s were either .30 cal or 9mm. I would guess yours is a 9mm based on the frame being 1940. Can you describe what kind of failures you get now and approximately how often they occur?

My guess on the value is sub1K due to total mismatch and new barrel. I look forward to seeing what people who have much more knowledge than I do have to say about this.

It is a 9mm.  it's been a couple of years since I shot it.   It's was honestly less than I'm describing with failures.  Occasionally it was a ftf.  If I remember right when I used 124 grain and didn't limp wrist it, it was almost 100% reliable.

Some 9mm may have harder primers than others.  I would try different ammo until I found something that it really liked and then stick with it!

Do you have any idea of what you want for the gun? I may be interested but have to wait for my permits to come in.

It looks like a Mauser produced 42 code 1940 pistol. All of the parts that should be numbered will have the last 2 digits the serial number with the exception of the barrel and frame.The mag is probably the culprit of it not working correctly. These pistol were built like a Swiss watch,replacement parts need to be hand fitted to ensure proper functionality . As for value this pistol would be the same value as a Russian capture pistol if the barrel was changed.

• Agree 1