Underdog

CZ 75B and +P+

There are no SAAMI specs for +P+ ammunition. I know of only a couple of gun manufacturers that stipulate the use of +P+ in their firearms is permitted and CZ is not one of them.

+P+ ammo is specialty contract loaded ammo for a specific agency in a specific gun and the particular load and gun combination are blessed by the manufacturers. When you buy +P+ in the open civilian market, you are buying production overruns and have no idea what it was originally loaded for or to what specification - IOW you are buying a "pig in a poke" as my mother used to say.

I have never understood the desire to "hotrod" a caliber to velocities beyond what were originally intended. Want a higher velocity 9 mm? Buy a .38 Super or .357 Sig. Want a more powerful .40 S&W? But a 10 mm. There is such a range of calibers and guns available why endanger yourself and/or shorten the life of your firearm when there are more logical options?

Adios,

Pizza Bob

• Informative 1

:scratchhead:  Federal 9mm +P+ ammo features a 115 Grain JHP bullet and it is loaded extra hot, therefore please make sure that your firearm is law enforcement grade or otherwise consult with the gun manufacturer prior to use of this 9mm +P+ ammo by Federal.

Overpressure ammo is going to shorten the service life of any barrel. And if the barrel is already nearing EOL then it may end spectacularly 

plus you have the issue of plastically deforming the cases in the chamber so they won’t spring back for extraction. If your chamber is in the middle of tolerance you might get lucky tho 

both of these would apply to both pistol or carbine, unless the rifle has significantly different locking system

just doesn’t seem like there’s much to be gained here...if you have a ton of this mystery ammo you can afford to test it and shake out the gun, thus killing your barrel. If you only have a little you can’t test how well it will run. 

• Like 1

Break Ammo down - save components (toss powder) drop new charge - shoot away !  :)

PS if too much work for you - send it my way - :)

I ahve been breaking down thousands of reloads from the 60's that people just look to toss and give away that i will not trust to shoot - instant components.... ;)

Once guys however, had meticulous notes - and when broken down and verified a few they were spot on - those I shoot..