GFam

New Gun owner Need Help on AMMO Question

32 minutes ago, 124gr9mm said:

I am absolutely going to call them safety bullets from now on.

Seriously.

Imagine if hollow point bullet manufacturers imprinted "Low Penetration Safety Bullets" on their packaging. Hell, they should even trademark some ridiculous fancy name for the technology ("Penetrex"). Now imagine taking this box to the average low-information NJ legislator and explaining the penetration differences between a safety bullet and a FMJ. They'd be legal inside of a year.

@Mrs. Peel is a PR guru. Save us, Peel!

Only downside is the morons would outlaw FMJ. :rofl:

• Agree 1
  • Haha 1

39 minutes ago, Handyman said:

Seriously.

Imagine if hollow point bullet manufacturers imprinted "Low Penetration Safety Bullets" on their packaging. Hell, they should even trademark some ridiculous fancy name for the technology ("Penetrex"). Now imagine taking this box to the average low-information NJ legislator and explaining the penetration differences between a safety bullet and a FMJ. They'd be legal inside of a year.

^^^^^^   thhhhhiiiissss !!!

@Handyman is killing it today !!!

1 hour ago, Handyman said:

Seriously.

"Low Penetration Safety Bullets"

Even better...

• Agree 1

First, well-done to @Handyman

Next:  "Safety bullets" were already invented....decades ago!  Glaser Corbon:

Glaser Safety Slug is a frangible bullet made by Cor-Bon/Glaser, a subsidiary of Dakota Ammo, an American ammunition company based in Sturgis, South Dakota. The Glaser Safety Slug was developed by Jack Canon in 1975, the same year the company was founded by Armin Glaser.

In the wrong hands, this video would help get this ammo banned from production as politicians would love to enact "FEEL-GOOD" legislation against it.  These rounds are both a blessing and a curse, especially here in NJ.  A low-information jury member could be convinced that using these 1,400 FPS "extra-deadly rounds" that are a Surgeon's nightmare meant that you premeditated a shooting scenario and enjoy killing.  Anything can be twisted in court.  HP's are outlawed under the Geneva Convention because they're UNFAIR & EVIL!  NJ outlawed "Dum-Dum's".  A Prosecutor can indict a Ham Sandwich....

So be careful out there!

• Like 1
  • Informative 1

1 hour ago, USRifle30Cal said:

Isnt that your role...!  lol

LOL, I guess so!  I'll slide it in right between my grumpy old know-it-all & 2A leader roles :) 

Last month someone called me a Fudd on Facebook.  They had nuthin' to say when I open carried my Colt Officer's .45 ACP in Condition #1 in my Mitch Rosen kant-forward holster all last weekend though... 

L-R:  DC Project NY state Delegate Lauren Hartnett (from Tottenville, Staten Island), your ugliness the strapped "Fudd", DC Project Northeast Regional Director, DCP CT state Delegate & Connecticut Citizens Defense League President Holly Sullivan.  The ladies joined Amanda Suffecool (Ohio Delegate for The DC Project) from nationally syndicated "Eye On The Target Radio" for a panel discussion at the Rod of Iron Freedom Festival at Kahr Arms last Saturday.  Moderated by Charlie Cook (Riding Shotgun With Charlie--I'm interviewee #49), the panel focused on 2A and how women can get more involved. 

121496741_1703315326515197_4595849281587430365_o.jpg?_nc_cat=101&_nc_sid=730e14&_nc_ohc=uqWtuSZcLrcAX8Pjp98&_nc_ht=scontent.fewr1-6.fna&oh=df6de18fbe5df49d87c29476a3aa7442&oe=5FAE62EC

• Like 1

I thought *I* was the fudd this past weekend!

121583237_1703312316515498_2200180687396953875_n.jpg?_nc_cat=105&_nc_sid=730e14&_nc_ohc=Te1P6LL8TqwAX9VyTdm&_nc_ht=scontent.fabe1-1.fna&oh=1eaaa54fed32120965afe95cc1ea723c&oe=5FAE01EA

For the "holster sniffers" of the board; pictured is a S&W Model 10-6, loaded with SIG 125 gr Elite Performance +P, in an ambidextrous Blackhawk Sportster (left handed holsters can be SO hard to find!)

• Like 1
  • Informative 1