On 9/10/2020 at 11:45 AM, njJoniGuy said:

And that is how I will always remember her.

RIP Dame Diana Rigg.

@njJoniGuy I found this little gem just now by accident, lol!  Enjoy!

@Mrs. Peel You got some acrobatic shoes to fill, lol!

10 hours ago, silverado427 said:

Interesting article. In relation to Columbine mentioned in the article I remember back in 1999 when I found on ebay the actual magazines that the shooters had purchased. Back then you could search  by nicknane. Nowdays the AR word is forbidden on Ebay but you can still buy handgun magazines.

@Rob0115 - relevant to your interests:

https://savejersey.com/2020/10/crime-guns-reoffending-criminals-new-jersey-phil-murphy/

How do we know there are so many cases pleaded down to Unlawful Possession? Our elected and appointed officials have more than just headlines to guide them. In New Jersey, our taxes fund N-I-B-I-N, the National Integrated Ballistics Information Network. NIBIN examiners compare shell casings at NJ shooting scenes and identify different crimes committed with the same gun. The State Police NIBIN Squad sends daily notifications to all State and county prosecutors, pointing them toward community gun and gang crimes throughout NJ. But do the county prosecutors, supervised by our state attorney general, act?

We sent Open Public Records Act (OPRA) requests to all twenty-one county prosecutors in New Jersey, to find out. Nine of twenty-one prosecutors did not disclose the number of Community Gun and Gang Criminality charges in their counties (Atlantic, Cumberland, Essex, Hudson, Mercer, Middlesex, Morris, Passaic, and Sussex), but twelve offices did. The records reflect the following indicted gun charges during all of January 2017 through June 2019:

3,939 Unlawful Possession–Carrying a Handgun without a Permit

1,645 Unlawful Purposes/Use

61 Possession of a Community Gun

8 Gang Criminality

Some records did not include a computerized tally, and one county did not provide data for six months of 2019, so the totals are approximate. Still, of the more than 4,500 indicted gun charges 12 county prosecutors reported during a 2 ½ year period, only 61 were Community Gun – and 30 of those were filed by only two counties (Camden and Cape May). During the same time, there were only 8 charges of Gang Criminality filed and one county (Union) brought 6 of them. As for the 9 counties that refused to answer, we can ask Governor Murphy and Attorney General Grewal to run those numbers and release them for everyone to see; but now we know a clear answer to the same old question, “What more can be done?”

• Like 1

7 hours ago, DirtyDigz said:

Thanks, I look it over.  Appreciate the tip.