JackDaWack

.308 projectiles

jumping into a new caliber here. I've got a decent stock of factory m80 ball, I bought a bunch right before Clinton lost the election. Now looking forward if I plan to shoot any .308 its gonna be reloads. 

I can find match grade bullets just about anywhere, I put an order in last night. But its still pricey..  current market of lesser calibers actually makes it look like a damn bargain. 

What I'm looking for is a plinking round, similar to 150gr m80 pills. Nothing fancy. Does anyone know any economical boolits that fit the bill?

My expectation is that reloading components will continue to dry up, even if people can't find primers etc. I can backorder 150 grain FMJ Hornady right now but i was wondering if there were any other options.

22 hours ago, JackDaWack said:

jumping into a new caliber here. I've got a decent stock of factory m80 ball, I bought a bunch right before Clinton lost the election. Now looking forward if I plan to shoot any .308 its gonna be reloads. 

I can find match grade bullets just about anywhere, I put an order in last night. But its still pricey..  current market of lesser calibers actually makes it look like a damn bargain. 

What I'm looking for is a plinking round, similar to 150gr m80 pills. Nothing fancy. Does anyone know any economical boolits that fit the bill?

My expectation is that reloading components will continue to dry up, even if people can't find primers etc. I can backorder 150 grain FMJ Hornady right now but i was wondering if there were any other options.

What gun bolt? Semi?

You can cast and gas check for plinking rounds...

:)

Just semi for right now, AR-10

If I get a bolt gun its probably going to be 6.5 or 300 win mag, at which point I would be focused on match only loading. I've got 8lbs of Retumbo in preparation for moving to the big leagues. 

While casting is a great idea, as of now I have no plans to go that route, although it may be worth it to grab molds just in case.. but they seem to be the pricey part. 

It seems that .224 has a plethora of options out there for low cost plinking. .308 being a common round i figured there might be something similar, but I'm just not finding any. 

The 150 grain hornadys from midsouthshooters are decently priced at 20c/piece. 

• Like 1