Zeke

Could you blast a Molotov coming at ya?

8 minutes ago, 10X said:

I'm not so sure about the 'see no harm' thing.   I doubt most of the antifa-types can throw a molotov cocktail very far, so you're going to be fairly close when (and if) you hit it.  The bottle fragments will still have their forward momentum, the gas will slow down pretty quickly once out of the bottle and encountering air resistance.  Will it help?  No idea, though having the bottle break in the air instead of against the side of your house might be a good thing.  The experiment @PK90 suggests would be an interesting place to start.

You're right about the vapor being the combustible.   Liquid fuels can't burn as a liquid, only when vaporized.  Under the right circumstances you can put out a match by dropping it in gasoline (though it has to be pretty cold, ideally with a light breeze to make sure the lit match hits the liquid before it encounters any of the gas vapor that is usually present).

Spanks! I new I I smert n stuff 

not to be the party killer.. but a molotov cocktail is a controlled incendiary device.. you should not make one and film it and put it on you tube as the outcome may be undesirable.. you will be guilty of manufacturing an unregistered destructive device.. 

• Agree 1

24 minutes ago, vladtepes said:

not to be the party killer.. but a molotov cocktail is a controlled incendiary device.. you should not make one and film it and put it on you tube as the outcome may be undesirable.. you will be guilty of manufacturing an unregistered destructive device.. 

Just wear a BLM shirt and you’ll be ok. 

• Agree 1

30 minutes ago, father-of-three said:

This would be a scenario where Zeke's amazing Remington 11-87 shotgun would be the weapon of choice, assuming I was lucky enough to target it when it was first launched.  Otherwise, practicing at dodge ball may be the best plan B for this.