revenger

NRA takes on this case ?

24 minutes ago, revenger said:

https://www.ammoland.com/2020/09/nra-supports-retired-law-enforcement-officers-right-carry/#axzz6XMUY2eaC

So this is the case the nra and the nj affiliate takes on.   defending the people who dont defend us.    how about they try for everyones rights

whatever. they’re retired so they’re civilians now. They should be treated exactly the way we are all being treated. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

55 minutes ago, revenger said:

https://www.ammoland.com/2020/09/nra-supports-retired-law-enforcement-officers-right-carry/#axzz6XMUY2eaC

So this is the case the nra and the nj affiliate takes on.   defending the people who dont defend us.    how about they try for everyones rights

Putting aside any distaste for retired Leo and carry, they only filed a amicus brief which is basically just cheerleading. ANJRPC has done this for other 2A cases around the country too.

On 9/7/2020 at 9:15 AM, revenger said:

im not the biggest NRA fan but you do realize they constantly have lawsuits they are funding in NJ right?   they even currently have a case challenging the change from 15 to 10rds that was petitioned for en banc hearing at the district court of appeals.   once it wins or loses there, it'll be appealed to the Supreme Court.  

so it's hardly like they do "nothing" for the rest of us.   

On 9/7/2020 at 9:42 AM, tommy3rd said:

whatever. they’re retired so they’re civilians now. They should be treated exactly the way we are all being treated. 

always were civilians, not sure why people don't understand this.  They are civilians, take a civil test, follow civil direction, are not federal gov't employees belonging to any military branch.  Civilians!

but yes I agree, no degree of difference in my view

15 minutes ago, n4p226r said:

im not the biggest NRA fan but you do realize they constantly have lawsuits they are funding in NJ right?   they even currently have a case challenging the change from 15 to 10rds that was petitioned for en banc hearing at the district court of appeals.   once it wins or loses there, it'll be appealed to the Supreme Court.  

so it's hardly like they do "nothing" for the rest of us.   

good to know, as a lifetime member who refuses to send in another cent, I feel like they don't care as I've not seen anything like this so again, good to know

• Like 1

Ahhhh, isn't this cute. The NRA actually thinks we need to stay engaged in elections and the legislative process. Apparently, they've been asleep under their desks since Nov. 3rd....  :mda:

NRA
On Friday, Biden pledged to DEFEAT THE NRA. Biden wants to ban our semi-auto rifles, tax our guns/mags & more. He knows the only thing standing in his way to DISMANTLE THE 2ND AMENDMENT is NRA.

Gun owners must stay vigilant & be engaged in elections and the legislative process.

I think there is still a role for the NRA to play.  We don’t want them “dismantled”.  It would give the democrats another “we did it!” moment. More importantly even in its current form the NRA is the tank, receiving and absorbing all the damage while other orgs like GOA FPC, etc go on offense.  NRA-ILa and local branches are also continuing to put up a fight.  

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, RUTGERS95 said:

need the NRA, anyone that says otherwise is a moron

Why, so Wayne can get some new Italian suits?

Honestly, what positive items have they been able to get done the last 4 years? They certainly haven't done anything for us here in the People's Republic of NJ. They talk a really good game, but those words get the 2A community nowhere.

If my life does not matter enough to the people and state of NJ to have the effective means of protection, then why should I care about those who are given special privilege's because of their occupation? Why do their lives matter more than me and my family? I personally hope they lose the case and end up as defenseless as we are. :gay:

20 minutes ago, marlintag said:

If my life does not matter enough to the people and state of NJ to have the effective means of protection, then why should I care about those who are given special privilege's because of their occupation? Why do their lives matter more than me and my family? I personally hope they lose the case and end up as defenseless as we are. :gay:

Bingo

2 classes of citizens

1 hour ago, Sniper said:

Why, so Wayne can get some new Italian suits?

Honestly, what positive items have they been able to get done the last 4 years? They certainly haven't done anything for us here in the People's Republic of NJ. They talk a really good game, but those words get the 2A community nowhere.

it's more than that and you know it.  I now only donate to GOA and I recommend everyone do the same

I joined the NRA because the closest range to my home requires it.  But, until they get their house cleaned up, they don't get another penny.  

The NRA is a big sponge that absorbs money AND takes the brunt of the government attention.  We, the voting, Second Amendment supporting, gun owning, citizens are the ones responsible for our rights.  We can't remain quiet.

• Like 1

On 9/7/2020 at 10:14 AM, siderman said:

Putting aside any distaste for retired Leo and carry, they only filed a amicus brief which is basically just cheerleading. ANJRPC has done this for other 2A cases around the country too.

I'm quoting this because this thread had jetted off into another direction, but if you're commenting on the ORIGINAL topic, I think this comment above really summed it up. This was NOT an NRA/ANJRPC "lawsuit". They filed an amicus brief only - an entirely different, often narrowly focused, and very low-cost proposition (I mention cost because it's not something that sucks up a lot of member donations). And as Siderman pointed out, they do this for OTHER groups, too, around the country - most often non-LEO groups. Whatever you think of the NRA - good, bad, or indifferent - facts matter... and a lawsuit is wholly different than an amicus brief and doesn't necessarily reflect the totality of the filer's position.

• Agree 2