Newtonian

Flatbrook upgrade

Just got notice that the Flatbrook WMA has been upgraded, "up to 30 caliber." I'm assuming this does not include handguns (I don't remember if they allowed rimfire handguns), correct? Also, a Mosin is sort of 30 caliber. Yes? How about an SKS (7.62x39)?

14 minutes ago, Newtonian said:

Just got notice that the Flatbrook WMA has been upgraded, "up to 30 caliber." I'm assuming this does not include handguns (I don't remember if they allowed rimfire handguns), correct? Also, a Mosin is sort of 30 caliber. Yes? How about an SKS (7.62x39)?

No handguns at any WMA - only long guns... and I guess "other" firearms :)

7.62x54R and x39 are both .30 caliber so they're fine.

You could even shoot .300 Win Mag or 30-06.

Collier-Mills, and I believe also Clinton, now allow up to .30 caliber.  I shot my RPR (556) and Troy A4 Other(556) at Clinton several months ago. Had no issues. The game warden/LEO came by twice to check for hunting licenses.  I am sure he observed what firearms I had been shooting but did not say anything regarding them. 

17 hours ago, Newtonian said:

Thanks Nick. This is a very nice upgrade, most unexpected. Somebody in Trenton must have caught The Plague and lost their sense of smell to allow this outrage.

Honestly I think it's a safety upgrade.  The locations could support it before, but now they added the concrete benches and the forward baffle to help prevent rounds from going over the berms...

• Agree 1