winmag45

Ammo Shipping Discrimination Again

Awhile back I posted about Grab A Gun not shipping ammo to NJ with no real explanation.Today,I tried to order from Bulkammo.com,which I have dealt with before.When I got to the shipping part it said they couldn't ship to my area at this time.I called customer service and they had no explanation except to email corperate.So I emailed and they said "do to everything that is going on in the country right now we have suspended shipping to some areas".What the heck is that suppose to mean.I'm just looking at the big picture here.Is this the sign of things to come?

18 hours ago, winmag45 said:

Is this the sign of things to come?

I wouldn't be surprised. Put yourself in the retailer's shoes. You have significant more demand than product. You can sell to residents in States that have no problem with you doing so or you can ship to States that have been known to threaten legal action for doing so. Who are you more likely to sell your very high demand, very limited stock to?

To me though,this is like walking into a store and being refused service.Whats the difference,because it is shipped?I don't even think they are a bricks and mortar store, it is all or most all shipped.You may be able to pick up.I don't think this is right, it is legal to ship ammo to NJ.I'd love to here a lawyers opinion on this.Unless there are different sets of rules for online retailers that lets them discriminate who they sell to.

Walk into a LGS in NJ and ask for a 15 round magazine, they carry them to sell to LEO & (possibly retired LEO as well?) you'll be denied service then too. Possibly even threatened or get ratted out.

I'm not saying it is just or right, just that it is what it is. Plus stores can refuse service to anyone at anytime; except to gays and related, then somehow they're forced to provide service.

15 hours ago, winmag45 said:

To me though,this is like walking into a store and being refused service.Whats the difference,because it is shipped?I don't even think they are a bricks and mortar store, it is all or most all shipped.You may be able to pick up.I don't think this is right, it is legal to ship ammo to NJ.I'd love to here a lawyers opinion on this.Unless there are different sets of rules for online retailers that lets them discriminate who they sell to.

Are you suggesting that you should sue them because they don't want to sell to people in NJ?

Might be more beneficial to focus time and resources on changing the shitty laws here than trying to hurt other people outside the state as well.

• Agree 2

Unless you are a member of a protected class, and are denied service because of that, there is no discrimination. A person or entity can pick and choose to whom they want to sell.

kc17 states the case very well in his first post in this thread. Thank the likes of Murphy and over-reaching Grewal for what is occurring.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

• Agree 2
  • Thanks 1