kc17

Got two hooked!

I posted a while back about my good friend and brother in process of or getting ready to start the process of becoming firearm owners. Today I took my friend and his 16yr old son to the range, for nearly their first time. What does nearly their first time mean you ask? The son has shot .22 rifles in the Boy Scouts, very limited and very controlled. My friend shot firearms (I think .22 rifle only as well) in the ROTC in High School more years ago than he'd probably want to admit or think about. Nothing since, or more than those very limited experiences for either of them.

I think I got them both hooked in a significant way. Both did very well (my friend earned a Marksmanship Award while in the ROTC), but his son is a natural! He was shooting my guns better than I shoot them! We went from .22 rifles to .22 to handguns to 9mm handguns. Each platform he took a couple of shots to get dialed in, but then was doing great. I thought I was going to trip him up by having him shoot my P365 but he even did great with that.

• Like 4

I didn't mention this before, because I didn't want anyone to get the wrong idea, but this is too funny for me not to share... I bought a Ruger Security 9 that showed up at a LGS on consignment for a great price, with the intention of transferring it to my friend once he got his P2P. He's already reimbursed me; but I have been retaining possession of it and it is back in my safe as I type this.

Today was his first time seeing and shooting it. He like it. His son liked it.

Then they both shot my P320. I didn't even have them shoot my M&P first.

On the car ride home my "Nephew" was trying to talk his father into buying a P320. :lol:

I knew I hooked them!

• Like 2