kc17

WESHOOT Fees

Looks like WESHOOT is doing so well they don't need business from people that know better and are willing to screw over people that don't know any better.

Non-Member Transfer fee: $100 + NICS
Member Transfer Fee: $50 + NICS
NICS fee: $15
Shipping Transfer Fee: $25 + Shipping cost

http://weshootusa.com/ffl-transfers/

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, kc17 said:

Looks like WESHOOT is doing so well they don't need business from people that know better and are willing to screw over people that don't know any better.

Non-Member Transfer fee: $100 + NICS
Member Transfer Fee: $50 + NICS
NICS fee: $15
Shipping Transfer Fee: $25 + Shipping cost

http://weshootusa.com/ffl-transfers/

Is this gssc new?

please say no

Sorta related... I was in Cheyenne a few weeks ago. I'm 90% sure I heard an employee tell someone they have suspended doing transfers altogether while he mentioned the piles of guns in the backroom. I can only assume the backlog was from the high volume and NICS delays. If you are familiar with Cheyenne, I was coming around the corner from the ammo counter, he was on the far other side near the Archery stuff so I couldn't hear him clearly. I didn't bother asking for clarification. 

2 hours ago, kc17 said:

I'm 90% sure I heard an employee tell someone they have suspended doing transfers altogether while he mentioned the piles of guns in the backroom. 

That would seem an unlikely business model for a retailer who sells firearms.  I suspect you misheard.

7 hours ago, 10X said:

That would seem an unlikely business model for a retailer who sells firearms.  I suspect you misheard.

They still transferred firearms they sold obviously, but were not doing other transfers.

Edit to add: This is the same business that did not reopen when Bucky gave them permission. When they did eventually reopen it was by appointment only, which was next to impossible to make because they were so busy. They didn't answer the phones and took nearly a day to respond to emails. So it would not surprise me if they were suspending outside originated transfers.

My transfer business has tripled since several dealers around me have stopped transfers altogether. :crazy:

I can only assume that they were overwhelmed by the volume, fed up with newbees, or afraid of the covid. Maybe all of the above. :sorry:

So, I have hired one full time employee and two part timers to take care of the extra work. :asciidity:

• Like 5

2 hours ago, kc17 said:

They still transferred firearms they sold obviously, but were not doing other transfers.

Edit to add: This is the same business that did not reopen when Bucky gave them permission. When they did eventually reopen it was by appointment only, which was next to impossible to make because they were so busy. They didn't answer the phones and took nearly a day to respond to emails. So it would not surprise me if they were suspending outside originated transfers.

I had a pistol sold out from under me in May while waiting for my 30 day time out to lapse.  I've bought stuff from them in the past, but am not planning to in the future.

From what I understand, there's different business partners now.  They transitioned from GSSC to WeShoot back in May.  However, I would contact them - they've been a longtime supporter of NJGF.  They may still have NJGF Forum Member discounts.  They're one of 3 different retailers that are getting the NJGF PSA Lowers.

2 hours ago, Krdshrk said:

From what I understand, there's different business partners now.  They transitioned from GSSC to WeShoot back in May.  However, I would contact them - they've been a longtime supporter of NJGF.  They may still have NJGF Forum Member discounts.  They're one of 3 different retailers that are getting the NJGF PSA Lowers.

agreed.  Im sure they will work w long time customers.  

• Like 1

On 9/10/2020 at 9:52 AM, Krdshrk said:

I picked up one of the NJGF lowers at WeShoot last week . (It looks great, thank you) I asked about the discount on the membership fee and was told they don’t offer it anymore, but the membership price is still great without the discount 250 for a recurring membership and 275 for a year without auto renew.

8 minutes ago, Averagejoeshmo said:

I picked up one of the NJGF lowers at WeShoot last week . (It looks great, thank you) I asked about the discount on the membership fee and was told they don’t offer it anymore, but the membership price is still great without the discount 250 for a recurring membership and 275 for a year without auto renew.

what did the lower cost you with all fees and tax?

Every store can make their own bidness model.  It's their right to do so.  Some want to drive people thru the doors for paperwork (transfers) hoping a real sale will take place while others set their transfer fees to drive transfers for non-members & guns having to be shipped to them AWAY.

The REALITY CHECK:

Joe Blow orders a gun from "Bud's" & has it shipped to LGS.  Joe Blow, all excited, calls LGS to notify them that his gun is on its way.  So when the pink card holder behind the counter has to chat with Mr. Blow about a gun they make next to nuthin' on,  everybody else at the counter trying to spend $, on the phone looking for an in-stock item (trying to spend $), or a person that rented a lane that needs more ammo (trying to spend $) HAS TO WAIT while Joe Blow relays tracking info he could have just emailed to the LGS...

With all the Newbies buying guns needing shown how to insert a mag into the grip & drop the mag for a reload, now magnify the amount of time a pink card holder has to invest with each new customer that might be one of the 135,000+ complete Newbies that NEVER RENTED OR HANDLED A FIREARM and just woke-up to gun ownership. 

Gun stores aren't 7-11's.  Pink Card holders don't grow on trees & there's only so many of them to go around...and it takes a while to get approved and receive your card (just like a FID), so you can't take a Wally World door greater & put them behind a gun counter in Jersey...

Some Pink Card holders are still A-Holes that tell customers that hollow points are ILLEGAL and that gun owners have to TRANSPORT via FOPA Rules while transiting solely in NJ!  Que the "better safe than sorry lecture" Pink Card holders are famous for...

Supply & demand is at the root of all bidness decisions.  Some bidnesses decide to not invest the time in dealing with Joe Blow's excitement, multiple phone calls, messages and then the actual transfer when their counters are 6-deep with customers waiting.

Things will settle-down eventually and current transfer fees might be adjusted on an as-needed basis.  Strictly BIDNESS...

Being a capitalist I can understand it all, and I lack the shortsightedness required to bitch about it on a forum :) 

~R

81212060_2613696368667362_1451303989445394432_n.jpg?_nc_cat=111&_nc_sid=730e14&_nc_ohc=xotuiadj64UAX8G2iRu&_nc_ht=scontent.fewr1-5.fna&oh=8bd5fd586f94db9c1616d5b4c2144758&oe=5F8CC57A

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Smokin .50 said:

Every store can make their own bidness model.  It's their right to do so.  Some want to drive people thru the doors for paperwork (transfers) hoping a real sale will take place while others set their transfer fees to drive transfers for non-members & guns having to be shipped to them AWAY.

The REALITY CHECK:

Joe Blow orders a gun from "Bud's" & has it shipped to LGS.  Joe Blow, all excited, calls LGS to notify them that his gun is on its way.  So when the pink card holder behind the counter has to chat with Mr. Blow about a gun they make next to nuthin' on,  everybody else at the counter trying to spend $, on the phone looking for an in-stock item (trying to spend $), or a person that rented a lane that needs more ammo (trying to spend $) HAS TO WAIT while Joe Blow relays tracking info he could have just emailed to the LGS...

With all the Newbies buying guns needing shown how to insert a mag into the grip & drop the mag for a reload, now magnify the amount of time a pink card holder has to invest with each new customer that might be one of the 135,000+ complete Newbies that NEVER RENTED OR HANDLED A FIREARM and just woke-up to gun ownership. 

Gun stores aren't 7-11's.  Pink Card holders don't grow on trees & there's only so many of them to go around...and it takes a while to get approved and receive your card (just like a FID), so you can't take a Wally World door greater & put them behind a gun counter in Jersey...

Some Pink Card holders are still A-Holes that tell customers that hollow points are ILLEGAL and that gun owners have to TRANSPORT via FOPA Rules while transiting solely in NJ!  Que the "better safe than sorry lecture" Pink Card holders are famous for...

Supply & demand is at the root of all bidness decisions.  Some bidnesses decide to not invest the time in dealing with Joe Blow's excitement, multiple phone calls, messages and then the actual transfer when their counters are 6-deep with customers waiting.

Things will settle-down eventually and current transfer fees might be adjusted on an as-needed basis.  Strictly BIDNESS...

Being a capitalist I can understand it all, and I lack the shortsightedness required to bitch about it on a forum :) 

~R

81212060_2613696368667362_1451303989445394432_n.jpg?_nc_cat=111&_nc_sid=730e14&_nc_ohc=xotuiadj64UAX8G2iRu&_nc_ht=scontent.fewr1-5.fna&oh=8bd5fd586f94db9c1616d5b4c2144758&oe=5F8CC57A

While I agree with the majority of your post I disagree that gun shops are making next to nothing on a transfer. I would argue that the gun shop is probably making the same profit on a transfer as the profit made on the average new gun. $50-&100 transfers are not uncommon and a good encounter at a local gun shop can lead to a lifetime customer. The person that buys a gun online will also likely buy the higher margin accessories at the local gun shop if treated well. Any customer that walks into a store is potentially a great customer. Many are turned off at local gun shops when they feel ignored or not one of the "regulars". It goes both ways (shortsightedness).

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, JC_68Westy said:

While I agree with the majority of your post I disagree that gun shops are making next to nothing on a transfer. I would argue that the gun shop is probably making the same profit on a transfer as the profit made on the average new gun. $50-&100 transfers are not uncommon and a good encounter at a local gun shop can lead to a lifetime customer. The person that buys a gun online will also likely buy the higher margin accessories at the local gun shop if treated well. Any customer that walks into a store is potentially a great customer. Many are turned off at local gun shops when they feel ignored or not one of the "regulars". It goes both ways (shortsightedness).

I couldn’t agree more.  I recently dealt with both Cheyenne and We Shoot and received a much better customer experience at We Shoot. Every single person I dealt with were friendly, helpful and knowledgeable. The person I deal with at Cheyenne,  was frankly, an asshole. Even though Cheyenne is close and well-stocked, I doubt I’ll shop there in the future. 

45 minutes ago, Ryu said:

Picked up my two NJGF psa lowers at TechOps at Phillipsburg. Was around $150~ including Nics. Lia is great.  TechOps is the official distributor of Troy in NJ.

njgf.jpg

I was at tech ops too! Paid for my two lowers for $150 also. NICS should take about two days to get done so excited to get them soon! Lia is great to deal with also. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

On 9/21/2020 at 11:14 PM, PK90 said:

NICS fees have always only been $15. What was your transfer fee?

Paul, GFH doesn't charge a transfer fee to MEMBERS, just the NICS :) 

"You a member here?  No?  It's $xx dollars for the transfer....OR BECOME A MEMBER TODAY FOR JUST $xxx and we'll waive the transfer fee." Post-'Rona & with a giant expansion to finish the GFH bidness model WORKS!

~R

On 9/21/2020 at 1:33 PM, JC_68Westy said:

I totally agree!  At between $50 - $100 per transfer as you explained, transfers are just as profitable as stocking & selling the hardware itself.  Some stores will fill every line of a 4473 (multiple serial numbered items) for one fee and others will NOT.

Where this all falls off the rails is here on the forum.  Members & lurkers are cheap, and ask about transfer fees daily.  Some will spend a tank of gas & tolls to avoid the $50 - $100 highly profitable transfer fee brick & mortar shops WITHOUT A RANGE need to survive post 'Rona shutdown...

The "Good ol' Boy" personification of the Fudd NJ gun owner, the "Regular" if you will, is starting to fall by the wayside (FINALLY!) as FFL's are seeing so many first-time gun buyers----AND LOTS OF THEM ARE WOMEN! 

Treating people right, offering SERVICE with the sale, brings people back.  Some stores operate like the cheeseburger guy on Seinfeld, and some actually care about customer relations.  The store that gets a good buck on a transfer has the ability to "be nice" in other ways, perhaps with a discount on cleaning products or some free paper targets, etc.  Or the third transfer is FREE, just pay NICS...  Point is, there's ways to treat people nice and not lose your shirt IF you have a good baseline to work from.  

To THAT end, when was the last time someone here proudly stated they paid $50 - $100 plus NICS and felt great doing it?  Fearing the "Cheapsters" attacking them in droves with "You got robbed", "You're stupid" or some other asininely juvenile shit, they keep their good feelins' to themselves and await the next thread on "WHO HAS THE CHEAPEST TRANSFER FEE?"...

90233757_3077968875600253_7059741996176375808_n.jpg?_nc_cat=105&_nc_sid=8bfeb9&_nc_ohc=MsUIp8GOV2EAX_5euSj&_nc_ht=scontent.fphl2-4.fna&oh=6b048a9c9d1bc24148c446c26785b323&oe=5F8FF74F

• Like 1