kc17

WESHOOT Fees

i just looked at the weshoot ffl transfer link and the prices listed on the site are way lower than what the OP had listed.   Must have updated their prices...

What it says on the site right now is:

Fees:

Non-Member Transfer fee: $50 + NICS
Member Transfer Fee: $40 + NICS

Person to Person transfer fee: $75

NICS fee: $15
Shipping Transfer Fee: $25 + Shipping cost

On 9/21/2020 at 9:05 PM, Ryu said:

Picked up my two NJGF psa lowers at TechOps at Phillipsburg. Was around $150~ including Nics. Lia is great.  TechOps is the official distributor of Troy in NJ.

njgf.jpg

Looking good. I'm thinking about picking up one or two as well.  How does the PSA quality compare to an Anderson?

1 hour ago, StarGazer said:

Looking good. I'm thinking about picking up one or two as well.  How does the PSA quality compare to an Anderson?

Interestingly enough I don't own an anderson lower.  I have Aero and Anderson.  Aero fitment is definitely tighter than PSA.

3 minutes ago, StarGazer said:

From my limited research it looks like people say Aero>PSA>Anderson.  I missed a good deal on  a completed Aero lower yesterday (under $200 w/o stock).  Most of their stuff is out of stock online.

Aero restocks daily even their blems.  I just hate that they take up to two weeks to ship right now.  

Also I was perusing Reloaderz website and they said they no longer accept Aero transfers because they sell them.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Ryu said:

Aero restocks daily even their blems.  I just hate that they take up to two weeks to ship right now.  

Also I was perusing Reloaderz website and they said they no longer accept Aero transfers because they sell them.

Thanks for the info.  Does Reloaderz sell completed lowers?

For that matter, does anyone know which NJ FFLs, if any, sell completed lowers?

1 minute ago, StarGazer said:

Thanks for the info.  Does Reloaderz sell completed lowers?

For that matter, does anyone know which NJ FFLs, if any, sell completed lowers?

Pretty much they all sell stripped lowers.  Its really not that hard to build an upper and lower receiver.  

It took my 5th lower to build out of memory instead of watching youtube.  

1 minute ago, Ryu said:

Pretty much they all sell stripped lowers.  Its really not that hard to build an upper and lower receiver.  

It took my 5th lower to build out of memory instead of watching youtube.  

Yeah I hear.  It's not too complicated and I very mechanically inclined but to be honest I see myself losing a tiny spring and searching hours for it. 

1 minute ago, StarGazer said:

Yeah I hear.  It's not too complicated and I very mechanically inclined but to be honest I see myself losing a tiny spring and searching hours for it. 

magnets are your friend.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, StarGazer said:

There are one or two operations best done with both the parts and your hands inside a clear plastic bag.  Easy enough. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 10X said:

There are one or two operations best done with both the parts and your hands inside a clear plastic bag.  Easy enough. 

Thanks for the tip.  Does anyone have a recommendation on an all in one tool kit for building the gun?  ( The adapter for the vice to hold the receiver, punch, and some of the small tools to deal with the springs/pins, etc.)

4 minutes ago, StarGazer said:

Thanks for the tip.  Does anyone have a recommendation on an all in one tool kit for building the gun?  ( The adapter for the vice to hold the receiver, punch, and some of the small tools to deal with the springs/pins, etc.)

I use the Real Avid Master Armorer's tool kit.  its pricey at $250 but drops down to $199 occassionally.  Trust me after you build one, it won't be the last and it will be good investment in the long run.  

My first build was with a regular hammer and cheap punch pin set from Harbor Freight.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Ryu said:

I use the Real Avid Master Armorer's tool kit.  its pricey at $250 but drops down to $199 occassionally.  Trust me after you build one, it won't be the last and it will be good investment in the long run.  

My first build was with a regular hammer and cheap punch pin set from Harbor Freight.

Absolutely, the one thing I never mind spending good money on is tools.  They always pay for themselves in the long run.