Sniper

Gun company agrees to pay N.J. $50,000 after illegally selling large magazines

Looks like Murphy won one... That's a hefty fine...

....."A gun company in Nevada has agreed to stop selling large magazines to New Jersey and to pay the state $50,000 after two illegal sales, the state attorney general’s office announced Thursday.

New Frontier Armory, LLC said it will not advertise or sell “large capacity magazines” in the state and block shipping to New Jersey addresses, according to the agreement.

New Jersey sued last year after undercover investigators were able to buy large magazines from the company, Grewal’s office said in a press release. In 2018, a detective bought three 30-round magazines from the group’s website and had them shipped to the Garden State. Officials sent the company a cease-and-desist letter, but the next year another investigator successfully ordered three magazines that could hold 15, 30 and 100 rounds respectively.

https://www.nj.com/news/2020/09/gun-company-agrees-to-pay-nj-50000-after-illegally-selling-large-magazines.html

13 minutes ago, The_Matrix said:

these investigators have nothing better to do?? Then buy mags.

Murph and Grewal Looters, rioters, murderers- you are free to go.

30 rd purchase - you deserve the death penalty.  LOL.

Yep - paying lip service saying they're fighting for gun control, when it just screws over small business and private ownership.

1 hour ago, W2MC said:

No, it's not.  Imagine the cost to litigate this from Nevada...ths is chump change to make this go away.

Why not go tell Murphy to go stick the magazines where the sun don't shine?

It's not like he's going to get Grewel to take a road trip to NV.

Didn't that company who released the 3D printing plans sue Grewel recently?

54 minutes ago, Sniper said:

Why not go tell Murphy to go stick the magazines where the sun don't shine?

It's not like he's going to get Grewel to take a road trip to NV.

Didn't that company who released the 3D printing plans sue Grewel recently?

I'm sure it's a business decision.  Cheaper to take the fine (which will likely never be paid...come and get me!) than paying lawyers several hundred an hour as Grewal drags this thru the courts.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

28 minutes ago, Tunaman said:

I actually am starting to hate them all. 

I'm about 10 years ahead of you here.

2 minutes ago, W2MC said:

I'm sure it's a business decision.  Cheaper to take the fine (which will likely never be paid...come and get me!) than paying lawyers several hundred an hour as Grewal drags this thru the courts.

I don't even understand what their obligation is to litigate this. The stuff they are selling is legal from where they are selling it. NJ sues and subpeonas them? They should tell NJ to go crap in their hat. I'd hope a free state would never allow their citizens to be extradited to a scumhole like NJ. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Tunaman said:

I have been here for 60 years.  I am starting to look at this state like the plague.  I'm packin it up and moving to Florida.  I will NOT vote for ANY democrat in my lifetime. I actually am starting to hate them all. 

The last democrat I voted for was Harrison Williams...........and look what happened to him :D

2 minutes ago, Handyman said:

I don't even understand what their obligation is to litigate this. The stuff they are selling is legal from where they are selling it. NJ sues and subpeonas them? They should tell NJ to go crap in their hat. I'd hope a free state would never allow their citizens to be extradited to a scumhole like NJ. 

Grewal and Co want to ruin them for their political gain.  Simpler for them to cut n run...

• Agree 1

So what law did the company break?  

I see the "investigators" receiving property that would be illegal seems to be the only law broken..  The point of sale for the magazines is NV.  Not NJ.  As the mags are legal at the point of sale, what exactly is the cause of action?

50k is go away money.

• Like 1
  • Agree 3

7 minutes ago, PeteF said:

I see the "investigators" receiving property that would be illegal seems to be the only law broken..  The point of sale for the magazines is NV.  Not NJ.  As the mags are legal at the point of sale, what exactly is the cause of action?

50k is go away money.

amazing, huh?

“let’s order something on the internet that’s legal in 80% of the country but banned in this state and let’s see if they send it to us. they don’t know NJ laws, so they’ll send it then we can charge them with a crime!”

sounds like entrapment to me.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Tunaman said:

I have been here for 60 years.  I am starting to look at this state like the plague.  I'm packin it up and moving to Florida.  I will NOT vote for ANY democrat in my lifetime. I actually am starting to hate them all. 

That was me two yrs ago lol. Packed up this year, Just finished un- packin.

3 hours ago, The_Matrix said:

these investigators have nothing better to do?? Then buy mags.

They have lots of better things to do, but they don't want to do them.   Going after criminals in our dangerous cities is, well, dangerous, and involves getting out of the chair and going outside.

I can't recall anything done under AG Grewal that required more than sitting at a desk mailing out threatening letters to law-abiding businesses.  That's as easy as it gets.  You don't have to get out of your chair, leave behind air-conditioned comfort, or even set down your coffee.  

2 hours ago, W2MC said:

Kinda like this:

p-3509-2nd-008.jpg

16 hours ago, PeteF said:

50k is go away money.

I was thinking the same thing. What law did the company break? If LEO bought it (even if undercover) they are "allowed" to right? If some smuck like me bought it, I am not "allowed" to possess it in this state. I can buy it, just can't have it here.

What if it was a birthday present for my sister? I had it sent here so I could then stick a new label on the box and send it to her in another state where it is allowed.

This state is so fucked-up it is incredible!

• Agree 1

I posted this in the thread on retailers that will ship to NJ, then remembered this thread. I don't think the timing is a coincidence. At least Simmons' is still willing to sell/ship to us.

Simmons Sporting Goods Friday Ammo EDIT UPDATE

I just received a not so nice phone call and I have to turn NJ, CT, MA, IL, and DC off until Monday as we have to change our process of selling ammo into these state. Don't Fear, We have 7,000 more boxes of 9mm and will be releasing it next week after I have this new process in place. I cant risk law suite of loss of FFL so we have to make a couple changes. I apologize for this but we will be back Monday and will have more ammo for you.

4 minutes ago, kc17 said:

I don't think the timing is a coincidence. At least Simmons' is still willing to sell/ship to us.

Maybe not, after this announcement. Maybe Grewel is getting to them, one by one, and we will soon turn into California, where you will only be able to buy in-state... then they will starve us out by cost and lack of inventory.

Everyone should go re-mortgage your houses, or take out a home equity loan to buy ammo, and fill your garages... STAT!!