PK90

Starting to Hate Professional Sports

Major.league baseball should be ashamed...an the yankees can fuck off.....

Millions out of work, struggling and they quibble about how many millions they are to be paid for a 60 game season...

Go fuck yourselves....MLB can piss off....

• Agree 3

9 minutes ago, voyager9 said:

I’m not ashamed to admit that curling is fun to watch.  Not exciting. But fun. 

Curling is the only Olympic sport in which you can participate without setting down your beer. 

They just spent 5 billion dollars on Sofi stadium, Yes 5 billion,

Shared by Rams & Chargers

its built in Inglewood which I would call sketchy at best, it's really worse. 

With all the crap in LA and Cali, how much was spent to improve the neighborhoods for the people there.

14 hours ago, PK90 said:

Football, baseball, soccer, etc.

The networks are piping in fake spectator sounds. It's a big turn off. 

Hockey a few years ago. But probably since ‘15 I’ve tuned out. I work, I work hard. Tired of being preached about oppression from millionaires that play with a ball....

• Agree 4

16 hours ago, PK90 said:

Football, baseball, soccer, etc.

The networks are piping in fake spectator sounds. It's a big turn off. 

I’ve been to 2 professional soccer games during the lockdown so far. There is no sound being piped into the stadium, it’s super quiet and you can hear everything the players and coaches say to each other. It’s bizarre, there are maybe 200 people in a stadium which in my example is supposed to seat almost 19,000. So yeah what you hear on TV is all simulation.

23 minutes ago, carl_g said:

I’ve been to 2 professional soccer games during the lockdown so far. There is no sound being piped into the stadium, it’s super quiet and you can hear everything the players and coaches say to each other. It’s bizarre, there are maybe 200 people in a stadium 

So attendance at pro soccer games in the US during the pandemic has actually gone up?   :)

• Haha 3
  • FacePalm 1

9 hours ago, 10X said:

So attendance at pro soccer games in the US during the pandemic has actually gone up?   :)

In the case of the Red Bulls that may be true. When they won 3 Shields in 6 years they could at best get half the stadium filled.

14 hours ago, carl_g said:

I’ve been to 2 professional soccer games during the lockdown so far. There is no sound being piped into the stadium, it’s super quiet and you can hear everything the players and coaches say to each other. It’s bizarre, there are maybe 200 people in a stadium which in my example is supposed to seat almost 19,000. So yeah what you hear on TV is all simulation.

What games are you going to?   

I didn’t think any stadium sports had spectators yet.  The fake crowd noise must be annoying. But I won’t be watching any of those sports.  They’ve fallen into the leftist pit.  Who wants politics injected into a leisure activity. Especially when the message they send is ..you’re a racist. ???   It was an abysmal business decision.   

38 minutes ago, Kevin125 said:

I didn’t think any stadium sports had spectators yet.

Looks like their TV audience isn't showing up either.

NBC’s Sunday Night Football Ratings Crash Nearly 30% for Woke Opening Weekend

The Sunday Night Football clash between the Rams and the Cowboys was supposed to halt the ratings crash the NFL has experienced so far in the 2020 season.

Spoiler alert, it most certainly did not halt the ratings crash.

According to DEADLINE Hollywood, ratings for NBC’s only weekly NFL game, were down a shocking 28%.

These results are disastrous for the NFL. Not just because the numbers themselves are bad, but because of the teams that played on Sunday Night Football. The Dallas Cowboys have possible the largest national fan following in the country, and the Los Angeles Rams play in the second largest media market in the country. In addition, both teams have star talent and are very competitive with playoff aspirations for this season. By all measures, the game should have performed extremely well in the ratings.

• Informative 1

My one and only sport was Football when Goodell took over was the begining of the end for me , I realize some changes had to be made to protect the players but it's gotten to soft , to political , and now way over the top There is only one National Anthem . You always stand for our flag , and you only take a knee if your hurt.

• Agree 2
  • Thanks 1

Giants lost so same old shit there lol. However I saw no issues thru out the games broadcast. Turned it on at kickoff so had no idea what/if any antics happened before That. Was on ESPN so was a little leary because they are owned by Disney but the announcers stayed true to the game and football in general. I even watched most of the commercials to see which way that wind was blowing but same commercials except for a few support your local businesses which was fine.altho their was one that caught me off guard, a Biden for pres one. It was pretty heavy and he shamelessly propped his family's tragic history of death and sickness to promote his (Obummers)healthcare plans. Anyway It's so far so good for me. Will see how other games on other networks handle themselves. I get far more upset just watching the news and enjoyed me some football.