PK90

Starting to Hate Professional Sports

I'm  a bit of an odd duck as I like watching cricket. The Carribbian Premier League has been really weird because it has been billed as the biggest party in sport, it's all about the crowd and the vibe. Having cardboard fans and day games takes away from alot of the energy even watching from home.

Also its changed the nature of the game because they are only playing in two stadiums so the teams selections have adjusted for the grounds being overused.

And now virtue signalling enters NASCAR. Michael Jordan and Denny Hamlin form a NASCAR team, and wait for it.... pick Bubba Wallace as the driver...

I wonder who the sponsors will be???

....."NBA legend Michael Jordan and three-time Daytona 500 winner Denny Hamlin today announced the formation of a new NASCAR Cup Series race team that will begin competition for the 2021 season. Rising NASCAR star Bubba Wallace has signed a multi-year deal to drive for the yet-to-be-named, single car team."

https://www.jayski.com/2020/09/21/denny-hamlin-forming-nascar-cup-series-team-bubba-wallace-to-drive/

• FacePalm 1

3 minutes ago, Sniper said:

And now virtue signalling enters NASCAR. Michael Jordan and Denny Hamlin form a NASCAR team, and wait for it.... pick Bubba Wallace as the driver...

I wonder who the sponsors will be???

....."NBA legend Michael Jordan and three-time Daytona 500 winner Denny Hamlin today announced the formation of a new NASCAR Cup Series race team that will begin competition for the 2021 season. Rising NASCAR star Bubba Wallace has signed a multi-year deal to drive for the yet-to-be-named, single car team."

https://www.jayski.com/2020/09/21/denny-hamlin-forming-nascar-cup-series-team-bubba-wallace-to-drive/

Theyll probably win as much as his pathetic charlotte team.

After 20+ years seniority as Yankees Season ticket holder, I painfully canceled my tickets and closed my account (lost all the perks that came with it, kids running the bases, play catch in the outfield etc).   I watch sports to forget and escape from all the nonsense going on and my problems for 2-3 hours.

Alas, even in baseball politics are front and center spammed all over our face.  I don't want to enrichen the pockets of these spoiled brats who don't know any civics or how our country works.  No one kneels to the flag and I don't care who you are! If we want the teams to be serious people need to stop watching or hurt them with their pockets.

Thank you and God Bless! 

• Like 1
  • Agree 4

4 hours ago, StarGazer said:

Like most Americans, I don't want politics in my sports.  When my sports, like the NFL, decide to include politics, I find other uses of my time.  I must say that one thing that makes it easier to not watch the NFL anymore is being a Jets fan.

I feel your pain

5 hours ago, tomk62 said:

These guys drive around in circles for a couple of hours, right?

Actually, it's turn LEFT.. :ok:

1 hour ago, Bklynracer said:

Rising star,? There's better.

he's not that good, multi year deal might be the last deal.

Multi-year money loser. I hope MJ, Hamlin and the sponsors like burning through millions, with nothing to show for it.

Bubba, right now, is 23rd in points, 1 top 5, 5 top 10s, 4 laps led, average finish 20th, 0 race wins, 0 stage wins.