antiriad

Physical stores in NJ to buy Ammo

Pre-bat flu days I was able to snag a couple of cases of American Eagle 9mm from Howell Gun Works for $200 per. Last time I was in there they were only selling the most popular calibers along with a gun purchase, and even then limiting you to one box.

#ZLM

I switched to online a few years ago (around the same time I started reloading).

Prior to that I'd wait for family trips and pick up ammo at places like Cabela's or even WalMart in other states.

When I need something more immediately I'll make the trip to Sloatsburg NY and stop by Master Arms or Davis Sports.

I used to buy from Dicks Sporting Goods before they went anti-2A.  Haven't set foot in there in a few years now.

Middlebrook Firearms and Garden State Armory aren't too far from me and would occassionally buy a few boxes of ammo at those shops.

Generally online is they way to go for bulk purchases for me.  Generally my go to is Target Sports USA.  I've also ordered from Palmetto State Armory and a place called Glen's Army Navy store.

https://www.targetsportsusa.com/

2 hours ago, gleninjersey said:

Generally online is they way to go for bulk purchases for me.  Generally my go to is Target Sports USA.  I've also ordered from Palmetto State Armory and a place called Glen's Army Navy store.

https://www.targetsportsusa.com/

I also bought from Target Sports USA a few months ago. Very happy with their service. I am expecting that our "Governor" might find a way to block online sales in the near future.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, antiriad said:

I was wondering if anyone has made any trips to PA side. I was usually around the Center Valley area before Covid. There could be some stores around that might be worth the trip.

I was at a Wal-Mart in PA last weekend.  They only had 20 gauge shells and maybe some rifle hunting rounds.  No 12 gauge and no 30-30.  Guy behind the counter said he couldn't velieve hiw much 30-30 they've sold.  He said Wal-Mart doesn't sell handgun ammo any more.

In the current environment I think you have to be in the right place and be willing to pay top dollar.  I guess if you NEED ammo, you need it.  But I wouldn't be buying at these prices to just stock up.  Your stocking up should have been done some time ago.