antiriad

Any Black Friday deals on Gun Safe?

Has anyone any recommendations on any long gun safe that is between 500-600? I have seen a few over the years going on sale but I never considered until now. I had my eyes on the harbor freight "safe" for a few times but I changed my mind due to some reviews.

As far as gun safe I am talking about the double door safe with bolts from all sides and not "security cabinets" that only lock on 2 sides.

Any black friday deals to look for?

Thanks

Mike

I was just checking out Home Depot. It seems Ammo is not the only thing that is sold out. Safes are too.

Also are there any low profile safes for mounting inside a bedroom closet that could fit 1 long gun and 1 pistol? Maybe it could be a good idea not to have all eggs in one basket

1 hour ago, antiriad said:

Also are there any low profile safes for mounting inside a bedroom closet that could fit 1 long gun and 1 pistol? Maybe it could be a good idea not to have all eggs in one basket

For those, you might want to consider concealment furniture, to hide them, sort of "hiding in plain sight". Specially if they're for home defense.

7679884c3e656b4fb53265ef9e6cf350.jpg

Tactical-Walls-2.jpg

c57cac10c7c0564f46cf81353086c0f8.jpg

• Like 2

8 hours ago, antiriad said:

I was just checking out Home Depot. It seems Ammo is not the only thing that is sold out. Safes are too.

I purchased the V Line Closet Vault II and I'm pretty happy with it.  I'm just posting the Amazon link for reference - I don't recall where we bought ours from, but I do remember there being price competition online, including with or without free shipping.

It will definitely fit one long gun and one pistol.  Depending on how you configure it, you can do more.  I designed and 3d printed "holsters" for our pistols so we can hang them on the door.  I know there are other aftermarket options as well.  Yesterday I added a battery operated motion light (it's in kind of a dark corner)

(Edit:  You mentioned low-profile, I didn't catch that at first.  This extends from the wall a bit, however I think without that extrusion you might have trouble fitting much in the ~4" cavity once you factor in the door's hardware).

safe.png

10 hours ago, Sniper said:

For those, you might want to consider concealment furniture, to hide them, sort of "hiding in plain sight". Specially if they're for home defense.

We have a fellow 2A patriot here in NJ who makes this type of furniture.  https://www.njconceal.co/

3 hours ago, beeblebrox said:

(Edit:  You mentioned low-profile, I didn't catch that at first.  This extends from the wall a bit, however I think without that extrusion you might have trouble fitting much in the ~4" cavity once you factor in the door's hardware).

I have one like that, it fits flush to the wall without that thick frame, you it can be covered with a picture or whatever. But yes, it's shallow inside but will hold up to 3 long guns, depending on their size.