antiriad

Any Black Friday deals on Gun Safe?

Has anyone any recommendations on any long gun safe that is between 500-600? I have seen a few over the years going on sale but I never considered until now. I had my eyes on the harbor freight "safe" for a few times but I changed my mind due to some reviews.

As far as gun safe I am talking about the double door safe with bolts from all sides and not "security cabinets" that only lock on 2 sides.

Any black friday deals to look for?

Thanks

Mike

I was just checking out Home Depot. It seems Ammo is not the only thing that is sold out. Safes are too.

Also are there any low profile safes for mounting inside a bedroom closet that could fit 1 long gun and 1 pistol? Maybe it could be a good idea not to have all eggs in one basket

1 hour ago, antiriad said:

Also are there any low profile safes for mounting inside a bedroom closet that could fit 1 long gun and 1 pistol? Maybe it could be a good idea not to have all eggs in one basket

For those, you might want to consider concealment furniture, to hide them, sort of "hiding in plain sight". Specially if they're for home defense.

7679884c3e656b4fb53265ef9e6cf350.jpg

Tactical-Walls-2.jpg

c57cac10c7c0564f46cf81353086c0f8.jpg

• Like 2

8 hours ago, antiriad said:

I was just checking out Home Depot. It seems Ammo is not the only thing that is sold out. Safes are too.

I purchased the V Line Closet Vault II and I'm pretty happy with it.  I'm just posting the Amazon link for reference - I don't recall where we bought ours from, but I do remember there being price competition online, including with or without free shipping.

It will definitely fit one long gun and one pistol.  Depending on how you configure it, you can do more.  I designed and 3d printed "holsters" for our pistols so we can hang them on the door.  I know there are other aftermarket options as well.  Yesterday I added a battery operated motion light (it's in kind of a dark corner)

(Edit:  You mentioned low-profile, I didn't catch that at first.  This extends from the wall a bit, however I think without that extrusion you might have trouble fitting much in the ~4" cavity once you factor in the door's hardware).

safe.png

10 hours ago, Sniper said:

For those, you might want to consider concealment furniture, to hide them, sort of "hiding in plain sight". Specially if they're for home defense.

We have a fellow 2A patriot here in NJ who makes this type of furniture.  https://www.njconceal.co/

• Like 1

3 hours ago, beeblebrox said:

(Edit:  You mentioned low-profile, I didn't catch that at first.  This extends from the wall a bit, however I think without that extrusion you might have trouble fitting much in the ~4" cavity once you factor in the door's hardware).

I have one like that, it fits flush to the wall without that thick frame, you it can be covered with a picture or whatever. But yes, it's shallow inside but will hold up to 3 long guns, depending on their size.

2 hours ago, Sniper said:

I have the Winchester TS-36-45 and I've been happy with it. It's configured for both long guns and handguns. If you want to get 36 long guns into it you'll have to take out the shelving portion. See the interior pictures.

Keep in mind all these 'safes' are Residential Security Containers. They will not stand up to a determined attack. That's why you must pair them with an alarm system that's monitored. You can't give burglars unlimited time to work on them. RSCs just slow them down enough for the police to arrive, so they can't just walk off with your firearms.

FYI. I just purchased a gun safe and to my surprise there was no sales tax on it. It seems there is a Tax Exception for firearm vaults in NJ.

Futher info here: https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=ftp://www.njleg.state.nj.us/19981999/S1500/1342_F1.PDF&ved=2ahUKEwj_o-K1vZXtAhUkTDABHbksDzUQFjAAegQIARAB&usg=AOvVaw2zN-_Qkdh_5BUu3vl9VkEx

Yes, there is no tax.  It is suppose to be an incentive for you to be responsible and safe.   I am surprised the governor doesn't require a permit for getting one with the size listed.  Don't use your price plus card.  

7 hours ago, antiriad said:

FYI. I just purchased a gun safe and to my surprise there was no sales tax on it. It seems there is a Tax Exception for firearm vaults in NJ.

Futher info here: https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=ftp://www.njleg.state.nj.us/19981999/S1500/1342_F1.PDF&ved=2ahUKEwj_o-K1vZXtAhUkTDABHbksDzUQFjAAegQIARAB&usg=AOvVaw2zN-_Qkdh_5BUu3vl9VkEx

Sshhh, Smurphy might hear you.

On 9/15/2020 at 10:18 PM, Krdshrk said:

A little bit early for that right now lol.  

Costco does have a  Bighorn safe on sale for $550 right now

https://www.costco.com/bighorn-18.46-cu.-ft.-executive-safe.product.100571770.html

If anybody still needs a safe, I'm pretty sure this goes on sale at Costco tomorrow. If I remember Bighorn is made by Kodiak which is USA.

34 minutes ago, Tunaman said:

Read the reviews.  Not too good.  I bought the Snapsafe Titan XL for  little more money.  and you can install it yourself anywhere.

Didn't see that many bad ones 4.6 out of 5 most are good., few issues but any item us going to gave some bad ones no matter how good.

Looked at Titan, looks to be out of stock. How long did it take to assemble? How much room did you need to assemble?

like idea of just rolling into place.

11 hours ago, Bklynracer said:

Didn't see that many bad ones 4.6 out of 5 most are good., few issues but any item us going to gave some bad ones no matter how good.

Looked at Titan, looks to be out of stock. How long did it take to assemble? How much room did you need to assemble?

like idea of just rolling into place.

takes about 1/2 hr to assemble.  They supply everything you need including the ratchet and socket and instructions. Only a few ft needed to assemble or assemble right in a closet.   They drop it at your front sidewalk and you carry it in piece by piece.  It is a sweet set up.  Very happy with the quality.