ronhonda

9mm & 45acp heads in stock

16 minutes ago, Ringwoodfrank said:

Huh. Never shot coated lead. How is barrel cleaning? What kind of build-up, if any?

I haven't had any issue shooting lead or coated lead bullets. Coated bullets don't leave any residue in any of my barrels. 

51 minutes ago, Ringwoodfrank said:

Huh. Never shot coated lead. How is barrel cleaning? What kind of build-up, if any?

I haven't used the newer pretty colored coatings, but I used the moly infused polymer ones. It really comes down to your rifling I think. The stuff would get ever so slightly scraped off where the lands andgrooves meet and make a corner resisting rotation. That stuff became VERY hard to remove. But it depends on how much you shoot. I got to that point after 40-50k rounds. A lewis lead removal kit probably would have gotten it out.  I just switched to plated. 

49 minutes ago, Heavyopp said:

You guys shoot expensive bullets

I've been shooting coated lead for a decade now, no issues at almost half the cost

these are in stock and ship within 2 days of ordering

https://www.shop.blackbulletsinternational.com/main.sc

I currently use Ibeji heads when buying coated. He's local and a good guy.

In my comped 9mm I only use FMJ so the coated is a no go for me.

Once all of my stash of FMJ/plated heads are gone, I'll stick with coated.

4 hours ago, ronhonda said:

I currently use Ibeji heads when buying coated. He's local and a good guy.

In my comped 9mm I only use FMJ so the coated is a no go for me.

Once all of my stash of FMJ/plated heads are gone, I'll stick with coated.

I agree, Alex is great when you can get ahold of him — I’ve picked up from him many times

I've tried multiple times to contact Alex from Ibeji, I’d love to order from him and pick up wherever — I won’t order from the website, pay shipping and sales tax, when he is 20 minutes away 

BBI is good stuff as well, SWC mold in 45 is exactly the same as Ibeji — BBI is cheaper if you must order over the internet — great customer service, owner answers the phone every time I have called — as a company motto they won’t take orders is they can’t fulfill them within 48 hours — they’ll just shut down ordering till they catch up

Do you have some secret way to contact, order and pick up from IBeji? I’d love to know what it is.

17 hours ago, JackDaWack said:

Huh? I've seen plenty of 9mm pills all over the place..

Its the .224 that's dried up. 

My experience has been the same.

I'm not picky, so i've been able to find 9mm, but options for .224 have been very limited, particularly 55 grain stuff.

14 hours ago, Heavyopp said:

I agree, Alex is great when you can get ahold of him — I’ve picked up from him many times

I've tried multiple times to contact Alex from Ibeji, I’d love to order from him and pick up wherever — I won’t order from the website, pay shipping and sales tax, when he is 20 minutes away 

BBI is good stuff as well, SWC mold in 45 is exactly the same as Ibeji — BBI is cheaper if you must order over the internet — great customer service, owner answers the phone every time I have called — as a company motto they won’t take orders is they can’t fulfill them within 48 hours — they’ll just shut down ordering till they catch up

Do you have some secret way to contact, order and pick up from IBeji? I’d love to know what it is.

I used to be able to text/email him and go from there.

1 hour ago, 124gr9mm said:

My experience has been the same.

I'm not picky, so i've been able to find 9mm, but options for .224 have been very limited, particularly 55 grain stuff.

19 hours ago, JackDaWack said:

Huh? I've seen plenty of 9mm pills all over the place..

Its the .224 that's dried up. 

I've seen in various places people commenting that some components are hard to find.

Found a link that shop had heads, I shared link.

39 minutes ago, ronhonda said:

I used to be able to text/email him and go from there.

Tried for over a month,  funny because website has 3 ordering options — web, email, phone — 2 of them are ignored

Eventually I’ll run into him at a match and work it out then

On 9/16/2020 at 11:11 AM, Heavyopp said:

I've been shooting coated lead for a decade now, no issues at almost half the cost

Maybe so...but in these times 10 cents a head for FMJ is pretty good.  I got 1000 9mm 115gr and a 1000 .223 55gr.

On 9/17/2020 at 9:30 AM, ronhonda said:

I've seen in various places people commenting that some components are hard to find.

Found a link that shop had heads, I shared link.

I appreciate the link, I didn't buy any but like said above.. good prices anyway for fmj

On 9/16/2020 at 11:11 AM, Heavyopp said:

Resurrected from the dead...hey its Easter...

Are the 200gr SWC's like the H&G 68?