Mp509

GUN PERMIT DELAY

It’s been two weeks since i was approved; i received the approval from njportal. But PD is still not issuing permit & P2P. When i’m lucky to reach the detective over the phone, she keep saying she will contact me. I think it’s too long at this point and outrageous. Any help? 

100 days since date of application/90days since Fingerprint, background, & ref were sent.  

8 minutes ago, Mp509 said:

Any help? 

100 days since date of application/90days since Fingerprint, background, & ref were sent.  
Town: Irvington 

Frankly, no. Welcome to the Legions of the Disappointed. You must be new to have actual expectations that the law will be followed. The 'within 30 days' written in the statutes was tossed overboard before the ink was even dry.

Here in New Jermany I've waited anywhere from four weeks to six months for handgun permits over the last 12 years.

Pardon my sarcastic response, but the truth is when the Irvington PD decides they're ready, you'll get them. And not before.

Remember to vote accordingly on November 3rd.

I know communications regularly command you not to call your police department, but call the police department. 

This is anecdotal, but I know for myself, my wife, and two different friends (three different PDs), they called and magically they had their permits within a week.

If this is true, imagine the scenario.  People call, their application gets bumped to the top of the pile in the name of "customer service".  Meanwhile the people who didn't call keep getting bumped to the bottom.  It's a nasty cycle.