Zabuca

Sponge trigger on my p365

What can I do about this trigger? I have 2 other striker fired pistols and there a tremendous difference when I dry fire them compared to the p365. The p365 shoots, but it’s like it’s doing me a favor when I pull that trigger.

I’m a novice at taking things apart (springs, triggers, etc.) and would appreciate any advice. 

Are you looking to upgrade the trigger, or modify the current one? 

Striker fired pistols ussually just have drop in parts to make things "better" since they lack the parts easily modified in hammer/sear triggers. You can find yourself in a dangerous situation in either case if you don't know what you're doing. 

I have zero experience with this pistol, youre better off googling p365 trigger upgrades/jobs to get a sense what people have done to improve it. 

At this point whatever will make the trigger better. I’ll do the YouTube route and see if I can do something to improve trigger performance. 

I haven’t been around guns long enough to make a diagnosis. Maybe next time I head to range or ffl I can get some more insight

10 hours ago, diamondd817 said:

It's nothing like a factory Glock trigger. Never will be. Wasn't meant to be. Leave it stock and learn it. It's not meant to be a target pistol either. How do you shoot the 365?

Only comparing what I feel when I pull the trigger on the p365 compared to my Glock 19 and HK vp9. It’s sounds more like a thud than a click- if that makes sense. 
When I take the p365 to the range I hit targets at 15yards. I have other pistols meant for longer distances. 
The most important thing for me is for the gun to go bang when I pull the trigger, and the sound it makes and the effort it takes sometimes is concerning. 

23 hours ago, Zabuca said:

What can I do about this trigger? I have 2 other striker fired pistols and there a tremendous difference when I dry fire them compared to the p365. The p365 shoots, but it’s like it’s doing me a favor when I pull that trigger.

I’m a novice at taking things apart (springs, triggers, etc.) and would appreciate any advice. 

....each firearm has different trigger feel....

I just worked in my s&w sd9ve...or whatever it is..budget gun...long hard terrible stacking trigger....  did some work replacing the fire control group...it ia 100 times better...is it rje break of my g26 or 19..no..but its better

Ping me via pm you need help  where r u located?

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Zabuca said:

Only comparing what I feel when I pull the trigger on the p365 compared to my Glock 19 and HK vp9. It’s sounds more like a thud than a click- if that makes sense. 
When I take the p365 to the range I hit targets at 15yards. I have other pistols meant for longer distances. 
The most important thing for me is for the gun to go bang when I pull the trigger, and the sound it makes and the effort it takes sometimes is concerning. 

I have the 365 and Glocks also. The trigger is different, it is a thud instead of a click. It will never be like the Glock trigger no matter what you do. If you can't live with it, get a 43. Same trigger as your 19. Glock triggers are the same across the line. That's the one great thing about Glocks. I personally would leave the 365's trigger factory, for reliability, based on it's intended purpose. 

• Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

P-365 is designed as a carry gun, not a target pistol and the trigger is deliberately made the way it is to avoid accidental discharges in so small a gun. There are multiple models of the P365 that are larger in size and designed for carry or target. 

I actually quite like the P365's trigger. It's similar to my P320's trigger in many ways. I've shot and handled a few 365s, including the one I own. While it's not that crisp of a trigger, it is relatively smooth and I find it to be highly controllable. 

Oh, firing or dry firing the trigger a few hundred or thousand times will help to break it in.