45Doll

Pile Of Gun Safes At BJs

My wife and I stopped into the BJs in Ledgewood this afternoon. While wandering around I spotted an end cap with about nine to twelve gun safes of varying sizes. They were all pushed together so I couldn't accurately count them. But it was way more than I've ever seen there before. Three being about the usual number.

So I guess all those new gun owners need somewhere to lock up their new guns.

30 minutes ago, 45Doll said:

So I guess all those new gun owners need somewhere to lock up their new guns.

They might be tossing the guns under the bed, and locking up all the $1 a round plinking ammo they've been buying.  Bigger investment to protect.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, 10X said:

They might be tossing the guns under the bed, and locking up all the $1 a round plinking ammo they've been buying.  Bigger investment to protect.

At first I was gonna argue with you on that, but at current prices, yea my ammo stash value probably outpaces my guns by 4:1 or more.

eta: ok maybe not quite that much... forgot how many guns I had for a minute. :D

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sniper said:

Do people really lock up ammo in safes?

Hell no!  Extra ammo goes in the safe deposit boxes at the bank! At this point, my ammo is worth almost as much as my house!:lol:

Seriously though, I have 3 safes and there is no room in them for ammo!  If you have room for ammo in your gun safe, you need more guns!

• Agree 2

2 hours ago, Sniper said:

Do people really lock up ammo in safes?

Well I do. Not because I think it needs to be in a safe. But on the floor I had some room, so I put the most expensive/critical ammo in there. HST, Gold Dot, Underwood etc. 

It also helps hold the safe down.

(Just kidding. It's already bolted to the concrete.)

1 hour ago, JohnnyB said:

Seriously though, I have 3 safes and there is no room in them for ammo!  If you have room for ammo in your gun safe, you need more guns!

That's exactly why I asked. The safes should be filled with hardware, not "food" for it.

1 hour ago, 124gr9mm said:

Ammo is very expensive now...

Good thing I was a good Boy Scout and stocked up when it was cheap. Apparently, some didn't learn after the Sandy Hook shooting.

• Agree 1

On 9/25/2020 at 9:44 AM, Sniper said:

That's exactly why I asked. The safes should be filled with hardware, not "food" for it.

Good thing I was a good Boy Scout and stocked up when it was cheap. Apparently, some didn't learn after the Sandy Hook shooting.

Yeah, I'm a big fan of squirreling it away as well. Fortunately, my neurosis has paid off.