antiriad

NJ Absentee ballots for presidential elections

Does anyone know when are we supposed to be receiving our Absentee ballots for the Presidential elections?. I hear all these news about ballots getting found dumped in ditches in PA and getting a little worried. If we don't recieve them can we vote in person?

Not to nit pick but It's not an absentee ballot.  You have to request that.  We are being forced to mail in our votes.  None of us requested these mail in ballots.

With the various stories of fraud associates with mail in voting you have cause to be concerned.

My wife said we received ours yesterday.  I haven't even looked at it yet.

• Agree 1

23 minutes ago, antiriad said:

Does anyone know when are we supposed to be receiving our Absentee ballots for the Presidential elections?.

For those voters registered Democrat, the ballots will be in your mailbox very soon.

For Republican and Undeclared voters, expect your ballot sometime around Kwaanza.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Krdshrk said:

Got my mail-in ballot yesterday too.

Any thoughts on public question 2 and 3?

1 is no. 2 and 3 I need to look into to see what strings are attached for num 2 and who proposed num 3. 

2 minutes ago, ChrisJM981 said:

1 is no. 2 and 3 I need to look into to see what strings are attached for num 2 and who proposed num 3. 

No on 1(marijuana), I think it's a bad idea, and I feel my opinion is validated by the fact that Murphy and the Dems very much want it to pass.

Not fully decided on 2 (property tax break for veterans who served in peacetime).  I generally vote against anything that will raise taxes or borrowing, and I don't understand why this has to be a constitutional amendment...I think amending any constitution shouldn't be taken lightly, and NJ tends to try and do it for every little thing.   That said, I need to find out how the exclusion is really defined.  From what I've read, I can't tell if peacetime means service in the absence of a declared war...which is too big of an exclusion, I think (it would rule out Korea, for example).

No on 3, (congressional redistricting date) again why use a constitutional amendment to determine the date of a redistricting?  Plus the Republican state committee has branded this a blatant attempt by the Dems to retain additional seats by delaying redistricting by a couple of years.

Increasingly, I'm living my life by the simple principle of WWMD?   What Would Murphy Do?   Then I do the other thing.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

On 9/25/2020 at 9:29 AM, ChrisJM981 said:

Do you really? Any time they want some group to be exempt form the full force of property taxes, it is solely to avoid repercussions of continuing to jack up property taxes. 

AS for redistricting, they currently have one month after getting the census data to redistrict. They want to effectively push that to 3 years if the data is late. The absolutely BEST version of why that is on the ballot is to be lazy. The reality is pretty reasonable estimates have been made, they know what is up, and think it is to their advantage to avoid the redistricting that is coming. 

On 9/25/2020 at 9:43 AM, 10X said:

No on 1(marijuana), I think it's a bad idea, and I feel my opinion is validated by the fact that Murphy and the Dems very much want it to pass.

Increasingly, I'm living my life by the simple principle of WWMD?   What Would Murphy Do?   Then I do the other thing.

The Dems are after the marijuana tax revenue first and foremost.