Golf battery

Suicide squirrels

I know this last spring a bunch of friends of mine were having issues with an over abundance of squirrels tearing shit up on their property. I introduced them to air rifles:icon_e_biggrin:   Problem solved. But now.  These vermin are like antifa.  Im driving down 295.  Theyre crossing the highways.  F ing with us.  Side roads same thing.  Running across in a scurry.  They’re like on some sorta antifa suicide mission.  Kamikazi squirrel type mission.  Have y’all noticed it ?  

• Agree 1

Funny, I was thinking the same thing other day, been seeing more than usual darting out on  streets in front of me. 

Other day was driving on 287 by me  it's 3 lanes each side with my son and saw squirrel sitting in middle of highway on a Jersey barrier, I said to my son that's a suicide mission, he said that so far so good, I asked what do you mean, he said its made it halfway already.

I was just hoping it wouldn't dart out startle someone and cause a accident. If I'm on a small road doing 20 mph I'll avoid it, on 287 it's on it's own.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Displaced Texan said:

Hey, they taste just as good when you run over them. It tenderizes them before you cook them. 

Nah.  You gotta crockpot them for 24 hrs.  If you run them over.  Or its squirrel jerky.  Too compressed 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, SmittyMHS said:

I declared war on the ones around my house. I got exactly 4 tomatoes this year! Trapped 10 in 12 days. Took them all to a park. Told them the next time they might not be so lucky cause I know this guy from Texas...

We have a fox that comes by once and a while and takes one away. The other day it chased a squirrel up a tree for a couple of feet and snagged him.

2 minutes ago, carl_g said:

We have a fox that comes by once and a while and takes one away. The other day it chased a squirrel up a tree for a couple of feet and snagged him.

We had a red tail hawk that used to hang around. He did get a few. But I have a video of a squirrel harassing him. He doesn't come around much anymore.

11 minutes ago, SmittyMHS said:

I declared war on the ones around my house. I got exactly 4 tomatoes this year! Trapped 10 in 12 days. Took them all to a park. Told them the next time they might not be so lucky cause I know this guy from Texas...

They left my garden alone for most of the summer but the last 2-3 weeks they ate everything but peppers.  Pretty pissed off about it.  If I didn't have houses behind mine I'd definitely be sniping some of these bastards. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Golf battery said:

I hear its like chewy chicken?

It’s a little tougher than chicken, but it’s damn good. Dark meat. Has a lot of flavor. 
I like rabbit better, but squirrels are good eats too. 

• Agree 1

23 minutes ago, Displaced Texan said:

It’s a little tougher than chicken, but it’s damn good. Dark meat. Has a lot of flavor. 

Holy crap. You're going to be the next one unleashing a plague upon us eating all this bush meat.

If you cook a bat, make sure it's well done. 

• Haha 2

35 minutes ago, Handyman said:

Holy crap. You're going to be the next one unleashing a plague upon us eating all this bush meat.

If you cook a bat, make sure it's well done. 

I don’t eat bats. You’ll have to leave that to the Chinese. 

1 hour ago, Displaced Texan said:

I hear if you use a crockpot it comes out nice and tender. Jus sayen. 

3 hours ago, DaddyNick said:

One of the theories on why they are so busy looking for and burying acorns is it's a sign of a harsh winter coming. We'll see...

My predictions are a snowy winter.   Im usually right.  25 years of farming and living outdoors.  Thats my bio:D

16 hours ago, Golf battery said:

My predictions are a snowy winter.   Im usually right.  25 years of farming and living outdoors.  Thats my bio:D

https://www.foxnews.com/us/la-nina-forms-in-the-pacific-heres-what-it-means-for-hurricanes-wildfires

“In the winter, the La Nina phenomenon usually brings more precipitation and colder-than-usual temperatures across the northern U.S., with the opposite happening across southern states.”