Golf battery

Suicide squirrels

My short haired pointer has got one, she's working on #2

The best explanation I've heard about the exploding squirrel population is that the yearly spring birth control measures were interrupted due to China Virus. We all stopped driving during the spring leading to a large population growth. And now its mating season again so all them squirrels are lookin for Darla.

3 minutes ago, Bagarocks said:

The best explanation I've heard about the exploding squirrel population is that the yearly spring birth control measures were interrupted due to China Virus. We all stopped driving during the spring leading to a large population growth. And now its mating season again so all them squirrels are lookin for Darla.

My next door neighbor trapped and relocated a dozen babies in May / June.  I though that he way lying to me.

15 minutes ago, Bagarocks said:

My short haired pointer has got one, she's working on #2

My dog is as graceful as a linebacker...... and her 55 lb self will flat out tackle the 70 lb GSP in the local park........  she is not graceful enough to sneak up on the little rodents.......  its quite entertaining to watch though.

She doesn't have the nickname "icebox" for nothing......

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Ringwoodfrank said:

Driving on 23 up from 287 to Vernon Sunday there were hundreds of carcasses. Like it was raining dead squirrels. 

My wife mentioned that to me theis weekend.

She said it was like some kind of mass squirrel execution took place on Rt. 23.

13 minutes ago, gleninjersey said:

This keeps coming up in my Youtube suggested viewing.  I think it's telling me to buy an air rifle?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qFitQn0W-Ns

Squirrel IS pretty tasty. Don’t tell the squirrels that eat out of my hand, though. They might get offended. 

• Haha 1

On 9/26/2020 at 7:05 PM, DaddyNick said:

They left my garden alone for most of the summer but the last 2-3 weeks they ate everything but peppers.  Pretty pissed off about it.  If I didn't have houses behind mine I'd definitely be sniping some of these bastards. 

I have a school across street, 2 acre back yard, 1000 squirrels! What can I LEGALLY use? 308? NAH. 30-06? NAH. 22 short? Possible. PoPo down street though.

1 minute ago, Dave Archibald said:

I have a school across street, 2 acre back yard, 1000 squirrels! What can I LEGALLY use? 308? NAH. 30-06? NAH. 22 short? Possible. PoPo down street though.

Crossbow. 

• Like 1

On 10/19/2020 at 6:20 PM, SmittyMHS said:

Got my 20th last Friday. I had to modify my racoon trap to get it to trip. They'd go in and never set it off. 

There was one this week that apparently wasn't heavy enough to set my borrowed trap off.  I set the end of the trigger bar really, really close to the end and got it.  It now lives in a Green Acres lot a few miles away.

4 hours ago, Dave Archibald said:

Bow/crossbow but that's just for dinner.  I think the '450 rule applies for All small game hunting.  Archery for deer is 150'.  

Got any deer in your backyard? ;)