Old Glock guy

Keeping a long gun in the car: tactical considerations

9 hours ago, 1LtCAP said:

this could be positioned horizontally, toss a blanket over the rifle....outta site. quickly accessible in a time of need

My second row has captain's chairs. Something like this in the middle would work (It's meant for a pickup truck.)

20201118_010143.jpg

On 11/11/2020 at 10:19 PM, Regular Guy said:

N.J.S. 2C:39-5 subsection C says:  Rifles and Shotguns.  (1) Any person who knowingly has in his possession any rifle of shotgun without having first obtained a firearms purchaser identification card in accordance with NJS 2C:58-3 is guilty of crime of third degree.

NJ Transporting Firearms Guidelines.pdf 590.16 kB · 10 downloads

27 minutes ago, anactivegrenade said:

Not to derail this thread again.. but for those who’ve done their research, what is the specific statue / subsection / paragraph that shows possession of long guns along with an FID isn’t banned with exemptions?

If you have a fpid, long guns are legal to possess. END OF STORY.

So I've been dreaming and I came up with an idea. I was trying to think of something compact that could be housed and maneuvered inside a vehicle but with effective ballistics, reasonable capacity and quick deployment if needed, but could also be transported legally in NJ.

So I came up with the following:

Mossberg 590M - https://www.mossberg.com/product/590m-mag-fed-pump-action-50206/

Add a folding stock which is legal on a pump shotty - https://www.atioutdoors.com/product/strikeforce-shotgun-stock/

Stored with the unloaded shotgun you can have a loaded magazine. The mags for a 590M do not fit any semi-auto firearm so there is no limit on capacity. They are not cheap, but you can legally have a couple of these 20 rounder's to hand - https://www.mossberg.com/store/590m-mag-fed-detachable-magazine-20-rnd-95140.html

I'm thinking with the folded stock you can handle the gun inside the vehicle much easier than a full length gun. The reason I thought of this rather than a short shotty, like the shockwave, is the shockwave is technically a "firearm", not a shotgun so is not covered by your FPIC. The 20 round mag may be something of a hinderance inside the vehicle so shorter mags could be a better or additional option.

• Like 1