Krdshrk

M1 Garands coming?

21 minutes ago, Krdshrk said:

Now that JJE Capital Holdings (Parent company of Palmetto State Armory) is acquiring H&R from Remington (as well as DPMS, Stormlake, AAC, and Parker)... Guess what else we can have new stuff of?!

image0.jpg

Wow - but I do not see a market for them - 

There are MILLIONS out there in the hands of OLD Crumudgeons that have history with them - once they all start dying they will flood the market and can be had for a song.

I always said M1's were not a good investment for that reason - too many around.

I cannot see how they are going to make money - when you can go the CMP route.

The only way to make money in M1's is sell them NOW.

14 minutes ago, Krdshrk said:

I would like to see a new production Garand in .308 or some other calibers...  

.276 Pedersen, which held ten rounds in its unique en-bloc clips

:)

That was the original plan....LOL

• Like 1

4 hours ago, USRifle30Cal said:

I cannot see how they are going to make money - when you can go the CMP route.

Are there any left through CMP? Certain individuals have a habit of buying one a month, then reselling them. 

3 minutes ago, ChrisJM981 said:

Are there any left through CMP? Certain individuals have a habit of buying one a month, then reselling them. 

That is very true....but millions are out there for the taking

42 minutes ago, ChrisJM981 said:

Some are--many are sold out, but they have rack, field, and service grades available.  Limit of 8 per person per year.

Current stock includes rack grade, $650, SA or HR (vendor's choice) service grade for $750, WRA field grade for $850, and IHC (receiver, at least, other parts may vary) service grade for $1080.

There is still a fair bit of ammo for sale on the CMP site.

• Thanks 1
  • Informative 1

it's a funny market, overpriced yes but people will spend the coin for war years, wra and some other types.  I personally would never pay what some ask for non war years.  I own a june 41 wra, dec 41 wra, 3/43 SA (all 3 are all respective parts and correct period except for the stocks) and new recently acquired korean return in 308 tanker (thank you Griz)

some of the prices people ask are assine.  Yes when people die off, there will be some hitting market but not as many as people believe.  I wouldn't sell anything of my grandfathers and nor would 90% of the people out there.  Then you've got the mix masters and of course, the always present restrictions on imports etc etc.   I don't see the price collapsing anytime soon to be honest

• Informative 1

1 hour ago, 10X said:

Some are--many are sold out, but they have rack, field, and service grades available.  Limit of 8 per person per year.

Current stock includes rack grade, $650, SA or HR (vendor's choice) service grade for $750, WRA field grade for $850, and IHC (receiver, at least, other parts may vary) service grade for $1080.

There is still a fair bit of ammo for sale on the CMP site.

The $650 price caught my eye.

Maybe in the near future....