always_an_eagle

PSA complete uppers decent?

Since I am picking up two of those NJGF PSA stripped lowers sometime this week, figured it is time to start doing an other rifle build with one of the lowers. I am pursuing on Reddit in the gun accessories for sale subreddits, and noticed  one of these used for sale https://palmettostatearmory.com/psa-18-rifle-length-223-wylde-1-7-stainless-steel-15-lightweight-m-lok-upper-with-bcg-ch-516445214.html

My questions to the forums are this:

1. What things to look for when buying a used complete upper

2: how are PSA complete uppers? I am just going to be using it for a general shooter for the range, got a few other AR rifles for to use in the collection.

40 minutes ago, always_an_eagle said:

Since I am picking up two of those NJGF PSA stripped lowers sometime this week, figured it is time to start doing an other rifle build with one of the lowers. I am pursuing on Reddit in the gun accessories for sale subreddits, and noticed  one of these used for sale https://palmettostatearmory.com/psa-18-rifle-length-223-wylde-1-7-stainless-steel-15-lightweight-m-lok-upper-with-bcg-ch-516445214.html

My questions to the forums are this:

1. What things to look for when buying a used complete upper

2: how are PSA complete uppers? I am just going to be using it for a general shooter for the range, got a few other AR rifles for to use in the collection.

Round count,  Fit and finish,  Take it for a spin see if it has any loading or ejecting issues, And accuracy  issues.

If i'm selling a upper you are required to take it for a spin,

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Krdshrk said:

I have one on my 20" Rifle build.  It works.  Haven't had a single reliability issue with it and I have a good amount of rounds downrange on it.  It's not the nicest, it's not the prettiest, but it works.

all that matters is it goes bang!  :)

I have a PSA Premium 20” upper I’m very happy with. It has the CHF barrel, and the Premium BCG. It’s been flawless, and very accurate. 

Sample size of one, I know, but this one has been good to me. 
I have heard of problems with PSAs lower lines of uppers. 

On 9/30/2020 at 12:30 AM, StarGazer said:

I saw that upper listed a few days back on reddit, he deleted it and relisted today.  It doesn't come with the complete BCG.  Not sure if that is due to a failure or what not.  The listing says he has 500 rounds through it, so multiply that out a bit.

I was tempted but I found a complete upper on here for sale that I am gonna get.

• Like 1