shiberm

add stock to shockwave

Does anyone know if there are any legal issues with switching the stock out on a shockwave and replacing with a standard stock ?  

I dont see any reason it would be a problem but a neighbor says you arent allowed to do it in NJ.

Anyone know of any reason it would not be legal  ?

• FacePalm 1

Don't do it.  Your neighbor is correct, and it has little to do with NJ law.  It's a federal ATF thing.  The Shockwave, and all it's coattail riders, fall under a VERY narrow definition of "other firearm".

Simply put, if you put on a stock meant to be shouldered on a shockwave, you now have a sawed off shotgun.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

That being said, can always put a brace on it, judging it doesn’t fold.

I’m AOWing my TAC-14 for that reason (folding brace), since the current measuring method says it would be 24”.

If you get out of NJ and decide to go NFA with it, I feel it is more efficient than SBS, mainly for transportation reasons. Plus, put the stock grip back on, back to the original format. SBS, you have to put an 18” barrel on to make it back to non-NFA status, since it was turned into a shotgun.