DirtyDigz

Car engine barely turning over after sitting few months?

Our race cars typically sit from Novemeber till March, inside a trailer, and start no problem, yes, EFI...........

So, you may have junk gas or low fuel pressure, if any...........

Get out the carb cleaner and spray it in there while cranking. I don't use ether. You will see quickly if it is fuel related. I know most people don't have fuel pressure gauge setups. If there is a schrader valve poke it with a screwdriver and see if it has pressure after cranking for a little bit. Just don't get gas in your eyes. While I have never tried it, that valve is the same one on tires so I would imagine an air pressure gauge could also show you pressure, might be messy, but when you're desperate.............

11 hours ago, M4BGRINGO said:

Our race cars typically sit from Novemeber till March, inside a trailer, and start no problem, yes, EFI...........

So, you may have junk gas or low fuel pressure, if any...........

Get out the carb cleaner and spray it in there while cranking. I don't use ether. You will see quickly if it is fuel related. I know most people don't have fuel pressure gauge setups. If there is a schrader valve poke it with a screwdriver and see if it has pressure after cranking for a little bit. Just don't get gas in your eyes. While I have never tried it, that valve is the same one on tires so I would imagine an air pressure gauge could also show you pressure, might be messy, but when you're desperate.............

this reminded me.....most hondas have a main relay that tends to crap out.

13 hours ago, DirtyDigz said:

It sat roughly June to October.  Fuel gauge showing 3/4 full.

Intake manifold should be solid to the block, Throttle body should be solid to the intake mani, but will double check.

Will try disconnecting the airbox hose from the throttle body and maybe try some starting fluid.

use carb cleaner.

also...if you've got a code reader, hook it up even though the car didn't start. if there's something you forgot, or if it's just kicking a code, it'll still read it even with no cel illumination.

13 hours ago, DirtyDigz said:

BTW, no Check Engine Light, was watching for that in case I missed re-connecting something electrical.

35 minutes ago, DirtyDigz said:

I was stunned too.  Neversawthatbefoah.

Back on the road as of last night.  CEL is on, so there's at least one code set.  Have a bluetooth OBD reader on order.

I would have expected it to have been making a bunch of racket when turning over.  Belt noise or something.

It probably helps to have someone looking while you turn it over.  The engine could be on fire and my wife wouldn't notice, so you need another car guy there. 

Glad you got it.

15 hours ago, 1LtCAP said:

yaknow? i shoulda thought of that....but haven't seen anything like that for over 5 years

Operative word is "seen". Sometimes You just need to be hands on in your face to take something in and figure it out. That, or walking away for a hour or day and coming back only to see a fix right then and there lol.