Redeye65

Thank You, with a question.

Hello everyone, new applicant here name is marty. Been lurking and learning, tons of great information on this forum, and appreciate everyone’s effort answering questions. My question is, does anyone have any insight into brick township processing FID cards? The wife and I submitted on July 7th, prints and final email response stating background check completed received on July 15th, since then nothing. If you try to call you can not reach a live person to ask a question. The wife and I have purchased hand guns which Shooters in south jersey was kind enough to hold until FID and P2P came in, the poor guns must have a inch of dust on them from sitting on a back room shelf for the last two months. Thank you all, enjoy the reading here with all the information, actually, I found Shooters from a post on here.

Thanks again,

Marty

Welcome.  Unfortunately with everything going on this year, FID and Pistol Permit apps have been taking longer than previously.  It SHOULD take 30 days, however it's taking more like 90 days with some townships.  After the state does their thing (which it seems the background check part was fairly quick), the township will be doing additional checks with multiple agencies - mental health, family court, etc.  

With the FARS system, you should see an email saying "Application Approved" when it's done, but it's still NOT quite done until the township contacts you.

Are you calling the NJSP on this or your local PD?  I would check with your local PD website - they may have a contact number and email address.  Mine was much better at responding to the emails vs calls.

• Informative 1

Tried calling my local PD to check up on, in August the recording allowed you to pick an extension to ask a question, now it only lets you pick an extension to find out how to pick up your permit or a separate extension to get an ORI number also in the message it states, do not call or show up to check the status of your permit.. Sigh, so frustrating. 

1 hour ago, Redeye65 said:

Tried calling my local PD to check up on, in August the recording allowed you to pick an extension to ask a question, now it only lets you pick an extension to find out how to pick up your permit or a separate extension to get an ORI number also in the message it states, do not call or show up to check the status of your permit.. Sigh, so frustrating. 

See if there's a records department or licensing department extension or option?

If I couldn't;t speak

14 hours ago, Redeye65 said:

The wife and I submitted on July 7th, prints and final email response stating background check completed received on July 15th, since then nothing. If you try to call you can not reach a live person to ask a question. 

There is really no excuse for such a lengthy delay at this point, other towns are processing FID applications in a timely matter.

I would try going in person. The records department typically handles FID applications, they are usually located at the PD with public access for picking up police reports, etc.

Thanks all for the replies, quick update. Went on my local PD web site to find some email addresses I could send a friendly email to and zero luck, either their email boxes were full or they shut down their email addresses, everything came back with an error saying try again later. Two hours later the wife calls and says Brick PD called to tell her the FID and P2P were ready, thank god, she was driving me crazy. I should be about a week behind her, so seems all is good. When she picked up her paperwork she enquirer about me, was told they can not release any information even if it is to my wife. The woman did tell my wife, they are receiving 20 applications a day in Brick Township. Now she waits for the NICS check, the gun shop told us it is taking about four days. While there she looked at Ruger 22lr pistols, and picked up another hand gun, I created a monster lol, all good though, my little 4’ 11” wife is a great shot.